Local adjustments could not be applied

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Local adjustments could not be applied

Postby Mark492 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:54 pm

So I've been using Capture One for ages quite happily. But suddenly, when I copy and paste adjustments including layers, I'm getting this message: "Some local adjustments cannot be applied. The source mask may be incompatible with some destination variants."

Any ideas what that's about? It's making Capture One unusable for me.
Mark492

Re: Local adjustments could not be applied

Postby AlexanderFlemming » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Are you copying between images from different cameras, or between images from different file formats?
AlexanderFlemming
Crew
Crew

Postby Mark492 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Nope. But I think it might be to do with the NEF size. I recently change to NEF Medium on my D850. And I've realised that's when it started. I can't use the distortion tool either. And it doesn't recognise the lens data.
Mark492

Postby betoalanis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 am

AlexanderFlemming wrote:Are you copying between images from different cameras, or between images from different file formats?

Same error happens to me but the images are different file formats, I know this is how it currently works, but workflow bases on a round trip to Ps, so i start with a NEF—> TIFF to Ps—> same TIFF on C1. I would love to be able to use the local masks I already did in my NEF again on my TIFF but it's not possible. I have to make the same mask by hand twice each for each image I edit.
betoalanis

Postby Mark492 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:21 am

Yeah, it won’t work with tiffs or jpegs. And my problem was to do with the file type. It turns out Nikon medium amd small NEF files are actually jpegs in a NEF wrapper. Best to stick to the full size ones. In your case, best to do the work in Capture One before you export to Photoshop. That would be the usual workflow.
Mark492

Postby betoalanis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:37 am

Mark492 wrote:Yeah, it won’t work with tiffs or jpegs. And my problem was to do with the file type. It turns out Nikon medium amd small NEF files are actually jpegs in a NEF wrapper. Best to stick to the full size ones. In your case, best to do the work in Capture One before you export to Photoshop. That would be the usual workflow.

Round trip means working first on C1, next on Ps and then returning to C1. It’s the most common workflow and yet this is a big pain in the butt when handling masks
betoalanis

Postby Mark492 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 am

Not sure it’s the most common workflow? Why would you need to do that?
Mark492

Postby betoalanis » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:26 am

Mark492 wrote:Not sure it’s the most common workflow? Why would you need to do that?

What are you talikng about, everyone does a round trip from any app to photoshop.

C1- initial adjustemts
Ps- heavy editing
C1- final color grading

https://www.google.com.mx/search?safe=off&client=safari&hl=en-mx&ei=uxfcW-KUMI6uswX96ZTIBg&ins=false&q=photoshop+round+trip&oq=photoshop+round+trip&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12...0.0..5234...0.0..0.0.0.......0.a2QexXC1RiY
betoalanis

Postby Mark492 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am

They really don’t. It makes no sense. Why would you not do the grading before you export for the heavy editing? That workflow would be prohibitive if you’re processing hundreds of images. Most pros I’ve encountered do most of the work in C1 and then any final tweaks in Photoshop if absolutely necessary. I personally hardly touch Photoshop at all if I can help it.
Mark492

Return to Capture One 11.x Software