OK. import or open tif?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

OK. import or open tif?

Postby LarsH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 pm

OK. it is possible together with RAW in an folder.

Hi, is it possible to work with *.tif in c1-11? To do so is marked in the front menü. But import does not accept it. I tried to work with a RAW out of C1 in Affinity Photo and then to get it back...
Thanks, lars
LarsH

Re: OK. import or open tif?

Postby Eric Nepean » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:39 pm

I have many *.tif files in my C1 catalogs, typically generated by some other editor like Vuescan, Pixelmator, NIK HDR Efex or Affinity. This has not been a problem in version 11 or in version 10.

Do you get a message during import that the image format is not supported, or is it that you cannot find the image after importing?

If the first case, then suspect the TIF format. There was, and may still be a limitation in supporting multi layer tiff files. If so you may have to merge the layers.

If the second case, then check that you have not hidden TIFs in the View>Global_Filters menu.
Eric Nepean

Postby LarsH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:35 pm

Hi, Eric. There was nothing except the image-file could not be choosen, was grey, froozen. In an other catalog I had a JPG and a TIF, but I forgot That´s why I tried to import together with some RAF; that works. And just now I made a TIF out of Affinity Photo setting it in the catalog-image-folder. See, there it is and can be imported. Why ever.
Thanks, lars
LarsH

Postby Eric Nepean » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 pm

TIF files come in an almost infinite variety of formats. Basically a shell which can be filled with almost anything.
If it’s greyed out, it means some format which C1 has decided it should not read.
Eric Nepean

Postby ben_US » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Important to note that TIF files still need to comply with the basic resolution limits as well as be three channel (ideally, RGB).
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby Eric Nepean » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 pm

@ben_us
Isn’t there some condition around the presence of an alpha channel as well?
Eric Nepean

Postby ben_US » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Eric Nepean wrote:@ben_us
Isn’t there some condition around the presence of an alpha channel as well?

Used to be, not so much any longer.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby SFA » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 pm

If you can see the file but not open it for editing make sure you have enable tif editing in the Preferences.
SFA

Return to Capture One 11.x Software