Dear PhaseOne,

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Re: Dear PhaseOne,

Postby NN636271034717228928UL » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:28 am

NNN635507439502082957 wrote:"I think your analysis of the alleged "mac vs pc approach", as you call it, is wrong for a couple of reasons, one being that the P1 offer is not subscription only."

- IT IS NOT SUBSCRIPTION ONLY for now. Based on P1 tactics I won't be suprised if they pull an Adobe and remove the purchase option which is a limited time option anyway: try running your purchased version of Capture One 3 on D850 and High Sierra. At least Adobe is not charging way more for subscription than P1 and they are making it not only convenient but very useful.

"But be that as it may these matters are not really what this forum should be about in my opinion. It would be better to raise concerns directly through a Support Case. Strange perhaps but the Support Case seems to be the CRM system of choice for Phase and so is likely to be more influential than the forum for making points that people wish to make."

- I once spent the whole day going back and forth with support trying to activate a new license. The email and password combination would not work. many methods were tried and unsuccessful until P1 stopped responding to my emails. Tried again next day and it worked. Turns out it was some issue on their server which support was unaware of.

I actually opened a support case on my original question (grace period) but got no further comments from P1 past the 30 days explanation, I do not believe this is a good path then. Maybe P1 management is reading the forums here, but then again why should they?
NN636271034717228928UL

Postby NNN635507439502082957 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:19 am

That's why SFA(aka AMBGRANT) suggestion to open up a ticket is waste of time. I couldn't even get them to solve an activation issue: they just stopped responding when playbook responses did not work. Had to figure it out myself. That was the last time I bothered opening up a "support" ticket.

"I actually opened a support case on my original question (grace period) but got no further comments from P1 past the 30 days explanation, I do not believe this is a good path then. Maybe P1 management is reading the forums here, but then again why should they?"
NNN635507439502082957

Postby Christian Gruner » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 am

NN636271034717228928UL wrote:
NNN635507439502082957 wrote:"I think your analysis of the alleged "mac vs pc approach", as you call it, is wrong for a couple of reasons, one being that the P1 offer is not subscription only."

- IT IS NOT SUBSCRIPTION ONLY for now. Based on P1 tactics I won't be suprised if they pull an Adobe and remove the purchase option which is a limited time option anyway: try running your purchased version of Capture One 3 on D850 and High Sierra. At least Adobe is not charging way more for subscription than P1 and they are making it not only convenient but very useful.

"But be that as it may these matters are not really what this forum should be about in my opinion. It would be better to raise concerns directly through a Support Case. Strange perhaps but the Support Case seems to be the CRM system of choice for Phase and so is likely to be more influential than the forum for making points that people wish to make."

- I once spent the whole day going back and forth with support trying to activate a new license. The email and password combination would not work. many methods were tried and unsuccessful until P1 stopped responding to my emails. Tried again next day and it worked. Turns out it was some issue on their server which support was unaware of.

I actually opened a support case on my original question (grace period) but got no further comments from P1 past the 30 days explanation, I do not believe this is a good path then. Maybe P1 management is reading the forums here, but then again why should they?

Can you give me your 6-digit support case number?
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby Adolfo Usier » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:04 am

No response here about the AFR for other lenses?
Adolfo Usier

Postby Keith Reeder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:36 pm

Hey, Adolfo - have a look at Rule 12:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5485

Please keep signatures in the body of your posting to no more than two short lines, to ensure that the thread's content remains eminently readable. Do not include signatures that serve primarily to promote a product or service, do not include photos and do not include extended lists of the contents of your camera bag.
Keith Reeder

Previous

Return to Capture One 11.x Software