reinstall legacy versions of C1

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

reinstall legacy versions of C1

Postby DavidN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I need to rebuild, with a clean instal of the operating system, a MAC laptop. For several older series of photographs, I am using on this laptop versions 6,7,8 and of Capture One. What do I need to do to make sure I can reload these older versions after computer has been wiped and a new OS has been installed?

Thanks
David
DavidN

Re: reinstall legacy versions of C1

Postby Ian3 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:06 pm

You can download legacy versions here. https://www.phaseone.com/en/Capture-One/Download/Software-Archive.aspx

But also why can you not just use the new version of Capture One with the older files? If a file used, say, the version 6 processing engine, that won't get updated unless you choose to do so. You will still be able to edit the files in the new version, but if you don't update the file in question, you will be limited to the facilities available in the processing engine it uses. (For instance, you won't be able to apply Levels to a local adjustment.)

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 10.x Software