Import movie Bug?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

Import movie Bug?

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:29 am

Hi All

I have a problem when I import files from a card and there are video/movie files.
Capture One imports the movie files into a folder called EmptyName and a subfolder --
The rest of the images are correctly imported into their respective date folders as requested.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix or a suggestion?

thanks again
mich
Michelle81

Re: Import movie Bug?

Postby ben_US » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:43 pm

It sounds like you've got a Subfolder set for a token reflecting metadata that the movie files don't have.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby Michelle81 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:48 am

Thanks! that's probably it, I am doing it wrong.

But, what metadata can Capture One read to allow the imports to occur without having to switch between photo and video importing tokens?

Surely importing files into a folder of the date they were created is possible?
What are other people doing?

I have submitted a Tech Support question.

thanks!
mich
Michelle81

Postby ben_US » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:02 pm

It's less of "what can metadata can Capture One read" and more "what metadata field is consistent across my movie and image files".
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby Michelle81 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:07 am

Hi Ben

Thanks, ok.

But it would be great for all of us who are moving from Aperture and other DAMs which support video, to C1.
More and more digital artists are doing video and stills. And C1 is the best RAW editor.

Missing files are never a good thing, and yes, I can go and move files and create folders but that is what a computer is good at doing, not me.

But since video is not important, it's too much to ask to take the files off the card and put them on a hard drive with the associated photos.
Michelle81

Return to Capture One 10.x Software