Export date

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

Export date

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:06 am

Hi all

Please help me. I am exporting photos from CO10 for a client, but the exported files have a date created of today, not the capture date.

The client will expect the files to be on the capture date, so please tell me how to export with the capture date. I just can't find it! Perhaps it is something with a image date token? I did try to find an answer but the search terms are too generic.

I know it is something so basic, so I apologise in advance!

thanks again
Mich
Michelle81

Re: Export date

Postby Ian3 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 am

What format are the exported images in? Are you exporting using the "Export" command or the Process command on the Output tool tab?

On the Output tab there is a section for "Output naming". You can create name using tokens plus text. So my recipes usually just have the token for [Image Name] in them (so DSC12356.NEF would be output as DSC12356.JPG, for instance). But I could add in a token for Image Date. So if my naming were [Image Date]-[Image Name] and the image had been taken on 27th February 2018, the same file might get output as 2018-02-27-DSC12356.JPG, for instance. The [Image Date] token has a pull-down control which controls the date format used. (The dash between the date token and the name token is just typed in.) You add tokens by clicking the ... at the end of the Format box, then dragging tokens from the list to the Format field.

The Export dialog box has a similar feature, if you use that method.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Michelle81 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 am

Hi Ian

Thanks for your help!

The image format is raw ARW, but the files are exported as JPG.
I have tried both the Export and Process options but couldn't see anyway to set the file date as capture date.

Thank you for your suggestion to rename the files with the image date with the token. That may be the only way :-)

ciao
mich
Michelle81

Postby Ian3 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I don't think you can set the image date of the JPG as the original capture date. The file system (MacOS, or Windows, rather than Capture One) is correctly showing the date you created the JPG.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Ian3 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:21 pm

I always rename my raw files on import with the date as part of the file name, so I get something like 18-10-06-0034.ARW. Then I just process out using the Image Name as the file name, so I get 18-10-06.0034.JPG. That way the file name always shows the capture date, and the original raw and the output have the same name. I restart the counter every so often.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 10.x Software