duplicate raw file

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

duplicate raw file

Postby dmhelsby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi all!
I have a shot with two products side by side. I now want to crop, rename and process each product separately without altering the original. Is there a way to copy the raw file so I have 2 files to work on? Ok, I know I can do this in Photoshop but is there a way in CO?
Thanks
David
dmhelsby

Re: duplicate raw file

Postby dmhelsby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:50 pm

Ok I've found the answer myself now. Went into Bridge and just copied and pasted the capture file and back into CO to do what I needed!
dmhelsby

Postby John Doe » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:45 pm

CO never alters RAW files, so you could just crop the primary variant for your first product, then create another variant for your second product and crop it as necessary. No need to duplicate the RAW file itself, which is a waste of disk space.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby dmhelsby » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks John but I also needed to rename at the same time but adding a variant keeps the same name for all variants
dmhelsby

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software