Preview Image exists of files no longer available

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

Preview Image exists of files no longer available

Postby NNN634998450414922245 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 am

Hello!

I'm a new C1 user and I've been slowly understanding how this program works, I would think by default like every other program, when you Important new photos from a memory card, It imports it to your session and saves them to your session folder but to my surprise, one of my shoots that I had formatted over was not saved.

I'm pretty sure those files are lost but I was curious If anyone knows how the preview works, I can still see the photos I had as previews and I can even zoom In and all the detail Is there but the file is obviously gone and I can't export it. Is there a way to turn the preview Into an actual Image file outside of using screen capture?

Thank you for any help
NNN634998450414922245

Re: Preview Image exists of files no longer available

Postby IanL » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:09 pm

I think that the process to quick preview uses the preview to create an exported .jpg file.

When you import you can copy the files to a new location (which you should do when you import from a memory card) or you can just reference them from where they are (which is not good for images on a memory card). Sounds like perhaps you imported images from a memory card by reference.
IanL

Re: Preview Image exists of files no longer available

Postby IanL » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:11 pm

It is called quickproof. Docs are here: https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO7/Output ... d-RAW.aspx
IanL

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software