Can the 'Edit With' options be edited?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

Can the 'Edit With' options be edited?

Postby rafikiphoto » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:05 pm

I am familiar with the way to add an external programme to my 'Edit With' list but there are some superfluous entries cluttering the list that I would like to remove. Is there any way to do that?
Best wishes,

Brian.
rafikiphoto

Re: Can the 'Edit With' options be edited?

Postby rafikiphoto » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Nobody?
Best wishes,

Brian.
rafikiphoto

Postby Samoreen » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,

Short answer : no.

See http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23798&hilit=Edit+with and http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=21727

I really can't understand why such a highly priced product doesn't offer this facility while simple (free) image viewers have it. It's easy to program. Just laziness ? Or "Too easy for us highly skilled developers" ? Or maybe "I'm such an exceptional software. I don't want to be like the others" ? Or "We don't want to buy this code from Adobe" ?
Samoreen

Postby rafikiphoto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks. Yes, very frustrating. I am clear how to add externals manually but it is also very frustrating not to be able to delete some of the dross that somehow manages to add itself without my assistance! I think I'll send in another support ticket.
Best wishes,

Brian.
rafikiphoto

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software