No auto-hide for Windows?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

No auto-hide for Windows?

Postby Bas89 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi there,

a short while ago I tried out the Trial Version of Capture One on my MacBook and was going to buy it - when the MacBook died.

I just purchased a Laptop running Windows 10 (Lenovo Yoga 720) and also purchased Capture One. While Capture One runs beautifully on the Yoga, I miss one Thing I grew to love on the Mac Version:

On the Mac, when you Switch to Fullscreen mode, the Browser Panel and Tool Panel are all automatically hidden and expand again when you hover the mouse over them. The Windows Version doesn't do this. The only Things I found so far are shortcuts to manually hide the bars - I'd love for it to be automated, though.

Am I just missing an Option somewhere or is this truly not possibly in the Windows Version?
Bas89

Re: No auto-hide for Windows?

Postby Bobtographer » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

This would be sooo cool on Windows too! Which brings up the question, why isn't it implimented? :/
Bobtographer

Postby Pavel » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Oh my. If this is the behavior in Capture one on Windows I think I'll switch to using my PC as the primary editing station. It's far more powerful than both my Macs anyways, but I really hate a bit of how the PC changes small details of use for the other program I rely on - Photomechanic.

I despise that behavior when I go to fullscreen mode and then the first thing I'm forced to do EVERY single time, is reset it so that my filmstrip browser displays and my tools display. I've actually held off upgrading over this issue but now seeing how great C1 version ten is on my Mac - I just never use full screen mode and grit my teeth.

It must drive developers crazy, how no matter what choices they make, so of use want the opposite. But this is great news to me - if that is the default under windows, because I'm about to see how it runs on my PC.

:)
Pavel

Postby Glogg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 am

It would be really nice to have a shortcut for the "true" full screen mode on Windows, when you see nothing but the image in its full glory.

Currently, on Windows, in order to achieve that I have to do the following:

• Press F11 for "full screen"
  • Press Ctrl+B to hide the strip
  • Press Ctrl+T to hide the tools
  • Select from menu: View -> Hide Viewer Toolbar (to remove the toolbar above the image)
  • Select from menu: View -> Hide Viewer Labels (to remove the status bar below the image)
Way, way too much work for a simple (and natural) task to view image in full screen without any distractions :)
Glogg

Postby Filthy Lucre » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm

^ or you could buy a second monitor. Seriously, after using dual monitors for a couple of decades I would feel very confined by a single display.
Filthy Lucre

Postby SFA » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Glogg,

Try setting up a workspace that, nominally, has everything in the way of menus etc. eliminated and just leaves a single thin top level menu across the top of the screen.

Then hit F11 (or select the option from the menu.

Maybe save that as a new re-usable Workspace?

I can induce Win 7 to have C1 go full screen with a drop down top level menu. (V9 at this time).

I'm not sure why, but it does.

Worst case you can, by changing workspace, go almost full screen quite quickly and don't forget that you could deploy short cut keys to remove some of the things you remove form the display.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Michael11 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Bas89,

well if you're reffering to Win10 it can't be result of some inherent limitation of the OS because one can configure the Win toolbar (which by default is shown on the bottom of the screen) to disappear when the mouse isn't pointing there.
This might suggest that C1-Win doesn't explore the existing possibilities of the OS.
Michael11

Postby Bobtographer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:13 pm

Filthy Lucre wrote:^ or you could buy a second monitor. Seriously, after using dual monitors for a couple of decades I would feel very confined by a single display.

Yeah, multi screen is the way to go, but a little difficult when travelling ;)
Bobtographer

Postby Glogg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:41 am

Filthy Lucre wrote:^ or you could buy a second monitor. Seriously, after using dual monitors for a couple of decades I would feel very confined by a single display.

Heh, I am actually using THREE monitors (when editing). But still would like to have a quick way to see my finished photo in a full screen mode, without *any* distractions added by any UI elements of either OS or Capture One, just my photo and nothing else. That actually helps a lot when evaluating the end result.
Glogg

Postby NNN636400000025147692 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 am

It seems to me that this is a bug.

The online help tells me that "The Browser, Menu, Toolbar and tools are all hidden for an uncluttered interface", and the example screenshot clearly shows just the image.

It also tells me that I should "Move the cursor to the edges of the screen to reveal the Browser, toolbar, menu and editing tools."

The current F11 behaviour seems largely pointless.

PS: If you're reading Phase One, you've also mis-spelled 'unclutered' on the same page; should be 'uncluttered' :-)
NNN636400000025147692

Postby NNN636400000025147692 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:28 pm

FWIW I created a ticket, and the support team got back to me. Apparently with one monitor it's just a shortcut to 'maxmize' the window, and I need a second monitor to get a full screen preview:
The feature says full screen - this means the Capture One window will go to Full Screen when 1 monitor is used and the preview will go to 100% when 2 monitors is used.

For the type we thanks you - we will add this to R&D bright away.

PS: My name isn't really NNN636400000025147692. I have no idea where it came from, or where to change it. Frankly, it's growing on me.
NNN636400000025147692

Postby Ian3 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 am

NNN636400000025147692 wrote:
PS: My name isn't really NNN636400000025147692. I have no idea where it came from, or where to change it. Frankly, it's growing on me.

If you log in to your profile on the Phase One website there is the facility to change your user name for the forum form the randomly assigned one. Log in, go to My Pages, then Edit Profile.

Ian
Ian3

Postby hdmalith » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 am

I had the same issue.
Just a quick workaround.

Edit-> Keyboard Shortcuts-> Create (Give a new shortcut set a name)
Brows down to Window set & expand it.
Change Viewer shortcut to Alt+F

(Or you can simply use F10 that comes default)

Full screen viewer can be used for tethered shooting too.
hdmalith

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software