Touch Bar Support?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

Touch Bar Support?

Postby VirtualRain » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:09 am

While I really want to see the performance fixed before a single new feature is added. It would seem like an obvious choice to offer brush size (and other brush) characteristics via a slider on the touch bar. This way you could keep your pointing device in one hand while easily adjusting brush size with the other. The current keyboard key shortcuts [] aren't ideal for right-handed people.
VirtualRain

Re: Touch Bar Support?

Postby Jim_DK » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:42 pm

The shortcuts are fully customizable, so could be moved to the left side of the keyboard if you need something more flexible.

Right click with pen or mouse also brings up the size dialog window to change dynamics - though if you want something a bit more dynamic a third option could be to use the Tangent Element Vs app on iPad and map all the brush dynamics into a multi gesture input panel: size hardness and opacity all at the same time.
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Postby Stephan5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Does this answer mean there will be no touch bar support?

Regards
Steve
Stephan5

Postby VirtualRain » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Nevermind, I've setup BetterTouchTool (https://www.boastr.net) to do what I want. Anyone else looking to enable TouchBar support in C1P should look at this great tool.

BTW, I've started using a capacitive stylus on my new MacBooks giant trackpad for brush work and it's outstanding. The only issue was that it was a bit clumsy to change brush size and other brush parameters. So I've setup my TouchBar with buttons to do the following...

| Dec. Brush Size | Brush PopUP (right click) | Inc. Brush Size | Zoom Fit | Zoom 100% |

This allows me to do these things with one press of my left finger while holding the stylus in my right hand. :)

ps. PhaseOne, please ignore the TouchBar until you have the performance issues resolved.
VirtualRain

Postby NNN636650774744351159 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:47 am

VirtualRain wrote:Nevermind, I've setup BetterTouchTool (https://www.boastr.net) to do what I want. Anyone else looking to enable TouchBar support in C1P should look at this great tool.

BTW, I've started using a capacitive stylus on my new MacBooks giant trackpad for brush work and it's outstanding. The only issue was that it was a bit clumsy to change brush size and other brush parameters. So I've setup my TouchBar with buttons to do the following...

| Dec. Brush Size | Brush PopUP (right click) | Inc. Brush Size | Zoom Fit | Zoom 100% |

This allows me to do these things with one press of my left finger while holding the stylus in my right hand. :)

ps. PhaseOne, please ignore the TouchBar until you have the performance issues resolved.

I've been recently testing the same myself with BTT. I've used a lot of trackpad gestures and creating the Touch Bar buttons with the icons and everything is more time-consuming. Would you be so kind as to share your shortcuts for inspiration and/or as a starting point? Thanks!
NNN636650774744351159

Return to Capture One 10.x Software