Tools have to be readded after shutdown

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x

Tools have to be readded after shutdown

Postby RedAdmiral » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:11 am

I use the tools Metadata, Keywords, Keyword library, and filters. I keep them open on a secondary monitor. Recently it seems whenever I close down Capture One 10 and repoen it the tools I commonly use no longer come up automatically. I can go back and re add them, but it is a nuisance. Sometimes one is still there, but often they are all gone. This happens even if I close Capture One after backing up etc. It happens if I shrink it down to the task bar and reopen it from there. Any idea why this is happening?
RedAdmiral

Re: Tools have to be readded after shutdown

Postby John Doe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:38 am

I'm on a dual screen setup too and never experienced such a behavior. Have you tried to (re)save your workspace?
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Re: Tools have to be readded after shutdown

Postby ben_US » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Could be a corrupt preference plist, which "remembers" the state of the application. Try deleting that:
Open Terminal, and type
Code: Select all
defaults delete com.phaseone.captureone10

This will return your Capture One to a "vanilla" state, but will not delete any custom workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, recipes, etc. The next time you launch the program, it will be recreated.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 10.x Software