Finding referenced images in my catalogs?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Finding referenced images in my catalogs?

Postby NN635735597854188051UL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:36 am

When I first started using Capture One, I didn't have a clear understanding of sessions, vs. catalogs, and managed image files vs. referenced image files. As a result, my archive now consists of a crazy mix of all three, and I want to clean that up. I want to end up with everything being a catalog, with managed images.

To convert a session to a catalog looks straight-forward. I just create a new catalog, then do File / Import Session..., then delete the old session.

What's less clear to me is how to look through all my existing catalogs and figure out which of them have referenced images. And once I've found those, how to convert them to managed.
NN635735597854188051UL

Re: Finding referenced images in my catalogs?

Postby ben_US » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Referenced images will appear under the Folders section of the Library tool. To change the images to "managed", you can just drag and drop them into the Catalog entry under that Folder section.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 9.x Software