Custom file naming question

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Custom file naming question

Postby NN8879221 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:13 pm

Normally for my "work" work flow I only use custom file naming geared towards the job at hand. This I don't have a question about.
What I do have a question on is I'm also using Capture one for also my daily snaps but I can't for the life of me figure out the optimum way to set file naming for import. I'm uploading into sessions, sorted by month as I'm not one that uses catalogs.
I'm not importing snaps daily so ideally I'd like to have a preset that renames as follows:

shot day (year/month/day)
original camera file number
extension

Can someone please layout the correct naming format for me to use? Everything I'm trying is either current date or asking for a file name...
NN8879221

Re: Custom file naming question

Postby Ian3 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:55 am

In the import dialog, there is a ... next to the naming format field. Click that to get tokens that you can drag to the field. You seem to require Image Date followed by Image name. Capture One will append the extension automatically. You can type a space between the tokens if you want of leave one out if you prefer.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 9.x Software