Import backup not working properly

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Import backup not working properly

Postby RobertJosephBailey » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi
I seem to have some sort of glitch with the import module.

It all seems to work fine except:

When I specify a Backup directory C1 adds another folder named with the date and time.

That is the backup directory is set to "Back Up"

But when I look on the disk the backed up files are in "Back Up/2017-06-10 14.40.38"

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robert
Robert
RobertJosephBailey

Re: Import backup not working properly

Postby Ian3 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 pm

I generally only use the backup on import option when I am abroad and not expecting to be able to back up my MacBook, but want to safeguard images that I can't afford to lose. So I attach an external hard drive at import time to back up the imported images. My recollection is that it does create dated subfolders as you have described. I think this is the default behaviour.

Ian
Ian3

Postby ben_US » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:47 pm

It sounds like you're looking at the catalog backup directory, correct? That's the default behavior. The Import Images dialog's backup feature just makes another copy elsewhere, specified by the user.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby RobertJosephBailey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:40 pm

ben_US wrote:It sounds like you're looking at the catalog backup directory, correct? That's the default behavior. The Import Images dialog's backup feature just makes another copy elsewhere, specified by the user.

Ben, please see the first line of my original post.

I'm not looking in the catalogue directory. This happens on import. The files are imported to a USB drive attached to the computer. The backup box is ticked and a folder on the NAS is selected. COP then adds the date and time directory to the folder I specified on the NAS (or any other location for that matter). I don't think it did this when I first started using it.

Cheers
Robert
RobertJosephBailey

Postby ben_US » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:47 pm

I think the best course would be to send us a case via the link in my profile so we can take a look at the logs, etc
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture One 9.x Software