How to rename session folders?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

How to rename session folders?

Postby okapia » Sun May 07, 2017 5:36 am

I keep my photos organized with the captureone sessions intact. Today, I decided to rename and reorganize my folder structure. I didn't think the location was absolute/hardcoded into the session by default, but apparently I was wrong. None of my sessions load images anymore and captureone is recreating my old folder structure for every session I open.

Back when I used the catalog, I remember an option to remap my folders. I don't see any such option for sessions. I didn't find anything useful in the official documentation or through my web searches.

How can I fix this? Is there either an option to remap to the right folders or create a new session and import my old adjustments?
okapia

Re: How to rename session folders?

Postby Ian3 » Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 am

Capture One will show the 4 regular session folders (Capture, Selects, Output and Trash) by default. But you can designate any folder as say the Output folder. So if you want to you can name a folder as perhaps Keepers. Then you can find that folder in the system folders section of the library tab, right click it and choose Set as Selects folder. So then when you move an image to Selects in Capture One it will in fact go to the Keepers folder.

If you want sessions in future to have different names for these folders you can do that when you create a new session. The new session dialog box allows you to name the 4 folders as anything you like, so you could or instance name them as Ingest, Keep, Develop and Discard. They still show as the regular Capture, Selects, Output and Trash in the session folders at the top of the library tab, but if you look in finder you'll see that in fact Capture One has created the subfolders with the names you chose.

You can also save your preferred naming system as a template (from the File menu) so you only have to do this once. After that you can simply select your preferred template from the list in the New Session dialog box.In fact you can do more than that with your template too. See the Create a Session Template section on this page https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO10/Organizing-Photos/Working-With-Sessions/Organize-Images-Sessions.aspx

Ian
Ian3

Re: How to rename session folders?

Postby okapia » Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks for the helpful tips, Ian3. I did play around with this a bit, got my sessions working again and now have a much better system going forward.
okapia

Return to Capture One 9.x Software