Yet ANOHER slow performance when applying brush post

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Yet ANOHER slow performance when applying brush post

Postby GPicora » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 am

Hello,

So I got brand new MacBook Pro 15 late 2016 i7 processor, 455 Raedon card 16 GB Ram. Installed C1 pro 9, and decided to give it a try, I thought this would be an improvement over my old 2010 iMac, i7 2.8, 16 GB Ram, and I think it was a ATI 5560, or something like that.

So Imported a pic from my D750 into a new session, tried to make some mask, and WOW!, it was SLOW, I had to wait a couple of seconds till the mask draw, or even catch up with my pencil. Even sometimes there were some graphical issues on the mask.

I read on another post that the lens profile may affect, I had a Nikon 1.8g 85mm profile selected, then I changed to generic and it seemed to help a little, but not quite to what I was used to.

Very frustrating, and Im afraid to pay another 90 bucks for the 10 edition to have the same issues.

Please P1 fix this! .

Gsutavo
GPicora

Re: Yet ANOHER slow performance when applying brush post

Postby peter.f » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:59 pm

I know it's not a real solution, but it seems some people avoided the lag by disabling the OpenGL ‘feature’.
X-T1, X100S; MBP 15" 2010, 8GB, OSX 10.11.4; Catalog on SSD, ref'd images on external USB2.
peter.f

Postby GPicora » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:14 pm

peter.f wrote:I know it's not a real solution, but it seems some people avoided the lag by disabling the OpenGL ‘feature’.

Thanks for the advice. :)
I tried that, didn't see any significant improvement. This is so lame, as I really like this software. But it seems guys at phase one are more interested in selling new licenses than supporting and fixing their software. I said this because when I search for "Slow brush C1 pro mac" I see post from 2014!,
GPicora

Postby SFA » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:04 pm

GPicora wrote:
peter.f wrote:I know it's not a real solution, but it seems some people avoided the lag by disabling the OpenGL ‘feature’.

I tried that, didn't see any significant improvement. This is so lame, as I really like this software. But it seems guys at phase one are more interested in selling new licenses than supporting and fixing their software. I said this because when I search for "Slow brush C1 pro mac" I see post from 2014!,

Are you trying to use Auto Mask?

Did you see any difference when you turned of OpenCL (i.e. GPU Hardware Acceleration?)

Have you already applied some other process intensive edits to the file? Spot or dust correction for example?

Was your lens profile a specific ICC profile?

There are a number of process that can, we are told, influence performance - although you may want to consider the difference between overall performance - i.e. total time to edit an image - as well as the perception of "instant" performance.

Presumably you have already created a Support Case and are having a consultation with C1 Support?

Grant
SFA

Postby GPicora » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:17 am

SFA wrote:
GPicora wrote:

Are you trying to use Auto Mask?

Did you see any difference when you turned of OpenCL (i.e. GPU Hardware Acceleration?)

Grant

Hello.
No, not automask was enabled, Lens profile as I said I used Nikon 85mm profile, then i switch to Generic to see if there was some change, (it had some small improvement but nothing considerable good), OpenCL I disabled it, still small improvement, but nothing compared to what my 7 years old iMac was able to do. Is frustrating. :(.

G.
GPicora

Return to Capture One 9.x Software