Jpegs not processing to process summary file size

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Jpegs not processing to process summary file size

Postby jboyleimagery » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:12 am

I'm having trouble with files that I process out not processing to the file size in the Process Summary tab. Both files are Jpegs, one is set to be significantly smaller then the other with quality turned down and pixel dimensions reduced. Yet the file with the reduced quality and pixel dimensions processes out larger than the file that should be larger when viewed in finder. The larger file also processes out smaller, again when viewed in finder. Although when opened up in photoshop the files are the right dimensions. I'm using C1 version 9.3, but have also tried version 9.2. Also have tried processing out the files separately and on multiple machines all to no avail. Anyone else seen this issue?
jboyleimagery

Re: Jpegs not processing to process summary file size

Postby Ian3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:57 am

In the File tab of the Process Recipe, there is a File Icon checkbox for create thumbnails on save. Is this checked or unchecked? Checking it adds to the file size, at least as reported by OSX.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:33 pm

What sizes are you comparing here?

Dimensions of the resulting image in pixels or the size of the compressed jpg file in kb or Mb?

The pre-process estimates are just estimates. Approximations if you prefer the nuanced meaning.

Grant
SFA

Postby jboyleimagery » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Thank you for your response Ian3 this helped me to solve the problem. Can I ask where did you find that information?
jboyleimagery

Postby Ian3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:02 pm

jboyleimagery wrote:Thank you for your response Ian3 this helped me to solve the problem. Can I ask where did you find that information?

I can't remember now. I think I must have investigated it some years ago when I found that the size of my jpg files reported by OSX was different from how they appeared in Windows. I probably even asked a question about it on this forum, some time ago now.

I'm glad it helped!

Ian
Ian3

Postby jboyleimagery » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks again
jboyleimagery

Return to Capture One 9.x Software