Cocatalog package file structure

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Cocatalog package file structure

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:59 am

I am hoping one of the cognoscenti can help with this technical question about CO catalog structure. The details about what various files do in CO are near impossible to find.

In what follows I am referring to folders in the cocatalog package on the hard drive. I am unable to find any information about the cocatalog package's Adjustments folder and its files. The cocatalogdb file is supposed to contain all of the adjustments (says so when it backs up the cocatalogdb). The LAM folder in the Adjustments folder contains a number of subfolders that contain comask files. Presumably these are the local adjustment masks (LAMs). If all of the adjustments are in the database, why are the LAM files outside of the database? If they are, does this mean that not all adjustments are saved in the database file? If this is so, then the backup is not a complete backup.

Jerry C
NN635680879799322049UL

Re: Cocatalog package file structure

Postby Ian3 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm fairly new to catalogs, as I have always used sessions. But in Sessions, masks are stored in extra files separate from the other adjustments too. But I suppose you are correct that what you need to back up is the whole cocatalog package not just the cocatalogdb file held within it.

Ian
Ian3

Re: Cocatalog package file structure

Postby Ian3 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:02 pm

... but if you use the File > Backup catalog... command you will find that what it backs up is both cocatalogdb file and the Adjustments folder with its LAM subfolder, so all should be well.

But it also says in the dialog box that what happens does NOT also back up the images themselves, so this is not a substitute for a complete back up strategy.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 9.x Software