Jump to last image / Un-Pause Shortcut

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Jump to last image / Un-Pause Shortcut

Postby NNN635839632317361225 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi guys,

Tried to find the answer to this and even mashed a few random key combinations to see if anything obvious worked, but sadly not.

Often when shooting, the client will cursor back to check out a few images as I'm shooting. I have auto-pause on so that the image doesn't continuously jump to the last shot which works great. I can keep shooting, and they can look at what's been done.

However, how do I quickly jump to the last image taken without having to cursor all the way down? I thought maybe the END key or even multiple PgDn might select the last image but sadly not.

Essentially I want to quickly reset to live shooting after the client may have scrolled up dozens and dozens of shots.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex
Fashion Photographer & Chief Chocolate Eater
NNN635839632317361225

Re: Jump to last image / Un-Pause Shortcut

Postby NNN635839632317361225 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:45 pm

Surprised no one knew this.

Anyway, after many frustrating shoots I finally found a simple solution in the Shortcuts menu to create a custom key to the SELECT LAST IMAGE menu option which doesn't have a key by default.

Only thing cool now would be if there could be a pause timer that could be set that if a client stops moving the cursor keys whilst I'm shooting for more than 10seconds it automatically resumes by going to the last image. Would mean I don't have to look over to still find the image paused on an image 50 frames back and needing to reach over to hit the custom "go to last image" button.
Fashion Photographer & Chief Chocolate Eater
NNN635839632317361225

Postby SFA » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:04 pm

NNN635839632317361225 wrote:Surprised no one knew this.

Anyway, after many frustrating shoots I finally found a simple solution in the Shortcuts menu to create a custom key to the SELECT LAST IMAGE menu option which doesn't have a key by default.

Only thing cool now would be if there could be a pause timer that could be set that if a client stops moving the cursor keys whilst I'm shooting for more than 10seconds it automatically resumes by going to the last image. Would mean I don't have to look over to still find the image paused on an image 50 frames back and needing to reach over to hit the custom "go to last image" button.

That sounds like an interesting idea.

Phase like to hear about these ideas but this is only intended to be a User to User forum so the way to suggest it is to create a Support Case and start the Title of the Case with "Enhancement Request: ". Then describe the idea and Use Case - pretty much as above.

That way the request will be routed appropriately and the management team will be able to assess the technical options and likely appeal of the proposal and decide how to categorise it.

Or they may have another suggestion for you as a way to cover the requirement. Who knows?

HTH

Grant
SFA

Postby Bobtographer » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:11 am

Why not run Capture Pilot? you can either use an iPad or Android Tablet to allow your client to browse at their leisure :)
AMD R1700 OC 3.8GHz | AMD R9 Fury 4GB | 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz DDR 4 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 NVMe
LG 27UD88 | LG 27 ColorPrime | C1 11.3 | Win10 64Pro 1803
Bobtographer

Return to Capture One 9.x Software