Barcode Reader. Again

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Barcode Reader. Again

Postby alececco » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:08 am

Hello, a while ago I asked in here if there was anyone that was using barcodes readers with Capture one. Didn't get much response. Some one was working on applescript but never heard from them again. So here is my question again
Is any one using a barcode reader ( for look books sessions) and how is that process going?
Thank you

Alessandro
alececco
alececco

Re: Barcode Reader. Again

Postby photoGrant » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Eh, I remember the topic being brought up but no one really interfaces with Capture One very well because their AppleScript support is so poor. They'd blow my mind if they introduced some serious documentation to make this app a little more extensible for custom configurations like the one you're describing.

On some jobs I use a barcode reader to fill in a shot folder name without having to type it out/make mistakes. This is usually a lengthy SKU to begin with so it saves a bucket load of time on the shoot itself. That's unfortunately the extent to which I've used a barcode & capture one.
Grant Hodgeon
Digital Imaging Technician
North America | Europe

http://www.photogrant.com
photoGrant

Re: Barcode Reader. Again

Postby alececco » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:38 am

what i don't understand is : Phaseone developed the path and token language that is perfect, great, and best for use in E-commerce. How difficult would it be to release an apple script to use a bar code reader and close the circle ?

Ahhh... but we now can calibrate the Eizo monitor directly from C1... :D :D :D :D :D
alececco
alececco

Return to Capture One 9.x Software