Problem with crop tool in cursor tool bar

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Problem with crop tool in cursor tool bar

Postby Stevebuk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi all,

I usually select the crop tool by going to the top of the screen and clicking the crop icon and selecting the aspect ratio. However, now, when I choose the crop tool, it goes orange to say it is selected and presents the aspect ratio drop down. I then choose any ratio and the tool changes back to the "arrow" selection tool. I am sure normally this is not the case. If I go to the actual crop tool in the crop panel it stays selected but by using my usual option of just pressing the crop tool at the top of the screen it highlights for a second and then switches back to select.

Seems minor but it is very infuriating for such a common task. Has anyone else seen this? I'm running 9.3 on Sierra.

I have found the shortcut "C" and this works so I can now use this, but my muscle memory wants to select crop!

Any ideas? Does this work as expected for others before I log a support case?

Thanks!
Stevebuk

Re: Problem with crop tool in cursor tool bar

Postby FL_ » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:23 am

I see the same on two different computers. Had it once in a while before updating to Sierra but since then it is happening much more frequently and really annoying. I also have this same issue when selecting the cursor tools (v). Using the keyboard shortcuts is my usual work around.

Submitted a support case (229582) beginning of Oct. including a screen recording. Unfortunately support has not been helpful yet as they can't reproduce it.

Best
Frank
FL_

Postby sinar » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:07 pm

I have the same issue when selecting from the top menu. I always have to reboot the software to solve the issue.
sinar

Postby Stevebuk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Thank you both. I'll also raise a support case to point out it is more than an isolated case. Restarting doesn't fix it for me.

Any others?

Regards,
Steve
Stevebuk

Return to Capture One 9.x Software