export or process variant results in black image

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

export or process variant results in black image

Postby LotusO » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:09 pm

Some images (D800 nefs) in session cannot be exported or processed as a tif from the edited variant (Jpegs are fine and I can process an unedited variant). The resulting tif shows up in the thumbnails momentarily then goes black. The tif also displays black when opened in photoshop cc 2015.
I have read previous threads and tried, as suggested, changing the tiling option to 128. I have tried exporting at 50% to reduce the resultant tif size. All makes no difference. Other images in the session can be processed just fine. I would think the file was corrupt, but Lightroom has no problem with the image - exporting successfully as a full size tif from an edited nef.
Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers
LotusO

Re: export or process variant results in black image

Postby JUK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:15 pm

First, check your process recipes and see if it is happening with one or many or all. If one, recreate the recipe with a new one. It could be that the Process Recipe is corrupted or has invalid settings (like trying to output to a location or drive that isn’t available). The best approach is to simply create a new recipe from scratch and trying again.

If you are getting weird processing errors in your processed images, for example, you are only getting black frames when you process, it may also benefit to toggle your OpenCL settings for processing in your Capture One Preferences (Preferences > General > Hardware Acceleration). If it’s set to Never, try setting to Auto, or vice versa. Often times it will be set to Auto, and changing to Never will prevent any stored information in the Graphics card’s memory from being used to help process. Restart Capture One for changes to take effect.

If this does not solve it, please create a support case at http://support.phaseone.com
Kind regards,

Justin
Team Phase One Support

Please make a support case for technical support with Capture One software:
Http://support.phaseone.com and click on "Contact Support"

Connect with Phase One on our social media channels.
JUK
Crew
Crew

Re: export or process variant results in black image

Postby LotusO » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks Justin, turning open GL off seemed to do the trick. I now have it back on and still working fine.
Cheers
LotusO

Return to Capture One 9.x Software