Previews not updating while deleting pictures

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Previews not updating while deleting pictures

Postby KTFinzer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:17 am

I'm running 9.2.1 and after an import of pictures while I am deleting the pictures that I don't want the preview screen will randomly freeze on one picture. The program seems functional otherwise - clicking other pictures in the thumbnail strip will change the curve levels, but the preview remains frozen on one picture. The only way I have figured out to fix it is to close the program and restart it, but that only seems to work a short time before the preview pane freezes again. I have tried regenerating the previews but this seems to do nothing.
- Is this a known problem in 9.2?
- Is there some way to un-freeze the preview pane without restarting the program?
KTFinzer

Re: Previews not updating while deleting pictures

Postby John Doe » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:24 am

Why don't you update to 9.3?
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby KTFinzer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:31 am

Mostly because it would be a real PITA with my current internet situation... I figured if someone had a quick solution it would save me some pain and allow me to postpone updating until sometime when I have better internet.
KTFinzer

Postby John Doe » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:03 am

What happens if you disable OpenCL?
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby SFA » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:30 am

When you import are you typically importing a lot of images?

C1 will start to create thumbnails/Previews in parallel with the import process but the generation of the previews will usually, in my experience, take longer than the import by some time - a minute or so maybe in my case.

I usually wait until the process has finished before doing anything else other than viewing using the browser to move through the files and the viewer window for any file of special immediate interest.

I don't recall seeing any crashes or freezes when using a healthy session.

Grant
SFA

Postby KTFinzer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:42 am

Open CL was actually disabled for some reason. I set it to auto. This didn't seem to make a difference in the behavior.
This particular time I imported around 190 images. I have noticed before that starting to delete photos before it is done generating previews kinda makes things stick a little bit, so I always wait until it is finished generating previews to do anything with the pictures.
KTFinzer

Postby KTFinzer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:47 am

I may have come up with a workaround until I have a chance to re-install C1... I figured out that I can get a frozen preview pane un-frozen by doing the following:
- shift+click in the thumbnail strip to select multiple images
- click in a blank space in the thumbnail strip to de-select all images
- the images can then all be previewed like normal again
It seems that the little process of selecting all - selecting none - selecting one forces the preview pane to update. Hopefully an update to the newer version will get rid of this little bug.
KTFinzer

Postby NNN634407623648915965 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:35 pm

I was just logging in to report the same problem... in 9.3 no less so the bug still exists there too. My scenario:
1 - choose an image in the browser
2 - delete the image
3- note the Viewer shows the next image.. great!
4 - move to the next image.. note the viewer doesn't show the next image.. HuH?!?
5 - keeping moving - the viewer is frozen!

the only way to get around it is to click off the image in the browser so No Image is selected and then choose another image.

Am I doing something wrong? Can't imagine such a MAJOR bug was left in the software... I've also had this problem after making adjustments to multiple images and then moving to a new image group.. Viewer frozen. Of course - doesn't happen all the time either...

Hardware Accel set to Never...
NNN634407623648915965

Return to Capture One 9.x Software