5D Mark IV Blooming

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

5D Mark IV Blooming

Postby ralf8 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Hello,

I am a theatre photographer working since a few days with the 5D Mark IV. I found out that I have a blooming issue if intense bue light shines towards the camera. Does anybody have this issue too? I never had that problem with 5D cameras and C1 so far (in Lightroom all the time...). Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks
Ralf

PS would love to attache a file with this look, but don´t know how.....
ralf8

Re: 5D Mark IV Blooming

Postby Keith Reeder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:57 pm

ralf8 wrote:PS would love to attache a file with this look, but don´t know how.....

You need to host the image somewhere on the internet and link to it here, Ralf.
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Postby Christian Gruner » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Does this happen in CO only, or also in other converters ?
Can you provide the raw-file, in form of a wetransfer link or similar ?
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby ralf8 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:13 am

Hello,

thank you for the reply. I can´t provide the RAW file via this site, because the images are made for my customer. I can sent a file via the C1 support page, because I think it´s save there.
I already sent a message to the C1 support, but couldn´t find a topic that fits, so I chose Feedback/Future development.

I checked a file in Lightroom and it looks much, much better in terms of blooming, but the colors in general are not as good as in C1. Lightroom is not dealing very well with the mixed lighting in theaters.

When I get answer from phaseone I will report.

Thanks
Ralf

PS: Here is a screenshot from one image. It seems only bue colors are effected.
https://www.amazon.de/clouddrive/share/ ... _link_copy
ralf8

Postby ralf8 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello,

this is an update of my initial post.

PhaseOne was answering quite fast and offert a solution with an EIP file.
They explained that that purple and blue colors generally are higher saturated than other colors. They showed me a kind of workaround for my problem and indeed the blooming went away, but along that the appearence of the image changed quite signifcant.

I am using C1 a very long time and found the image quality, especially the color rendering outstanding.

As a theatre photographer I have to deal sometimes with difficult lighting situations and C1 never let me down.
This time, it seems in my case, the combination EOS 5D Mark IV and C1 doesn´t fit as good as it did before with the Mark III and II.

I hope very much the C1 developer can do some refinements on the profile for the Mark IV
in the near future to minimize that blooming effect.

Thanks
Ralf
ralf8

Return to Capture One 9.x Software