Sony lens not available in the data base

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Sony lens not available in the data base

Postby NN635847835927957175UL » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:12 am

I cannot find the lens correction profile for the Sony E10-18mm lens. Can someone help?
Thank you.
NN635847835927957175UL

Re: Sony lens not available in the data base

Postby grasjeroen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Unfortunately quite some Sony lenses are absent from the database.
I have requested a few, but to no avail :(

One would expect the Sony lenses, as there is even a Sony special version of COP.
grasjeroen

Postby Christian Gruner » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:57 am

We are actively and continuously working on adding more Sony A, E and FE lenses. Some of the lenses can however by used as a Manufacturer Profile, which is included in the raw file, if the lens and camera combination is new enough.

We also add our own profiles, as these are usually more mathematically correct and precise.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby DhjL » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 pm

Christian Gruner wrote:We are actively and continuously working on adding more Sony A, E and FE lenses. Some of the lenses can however by used as a Manufacturer Profile, which is included in the raw file, if the lens and camera combination is new enough.

We also add our own profiles, as these are usually more mathematically correct and precise.

I am a Lumix m4/3 user who is very impressed by the raw processing power of C1 10. I started out as a Sony user but recently migrated to the Pro version. I am very interested in additional lens profiles for some of the new Lumix and Leica DG lenses. I don't suppose you know if and when these might be developed, additionally, is there any way to help contribute to the development of those lens profiles. Perhaps leveraging your user base might expand those profiles.

Cheers, Dennis.
Dennis Linden
DhjL

Postby Christian Gruner » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:37 pm

DhjL wrote:
Christian Gruner wrote:We are actively and continuously working on adding more Sony A, E and FE lenses. Some of the lenses can however by used as a Manufacturer Profile, which is included in the raw file, if the lens and camera combination is new enough.

I am a Lumix m4/3 user who is very impressed by the raw processing power of C1 10. I started out as a Sony user but recently migrated to the Pro version. I am very interested in additional lens profiles for some of the new Lumix and Leica DG lenses. I don't suppose you know if and when these might be developed, additionally, is there any way to help contribute to the development of those lens profiles. Perhaps leveraging your user base might expand those profiles.

Cheers, Dennis.

We are always working to expand the number of lenses supported by Capture, be it Panasonic or other parties.
We use (among other things) the usage statistics to know what lenses are in demand, so the best thing you can is keep using your favorite lenses in Capture One.
Test-Manager, Capture One, Phase One A/S
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby avnlevent » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:55 am

Hello Christian

Will the new lens profile also add to old version like I'm using Version 9 and Sony PZ18-105 lens.
I see that lens just added in V10 but not in V9.

Phong
avnlevent

Postby NNN636217513328710662 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi, I have a sony a5100 and a sigma 30mm 1.4 DC DN and it's not in the list, but I noticed it is set to "manufacturer profile" and the image seems to be adjusted, I am just figuring out how to work with raw files, am I all set if the program finds a "manufacturer profile?

Do I need to apply anything or is it automatically applied since that info is included in raw?

Thanks for your help!
NNN636217513328710662

Return to Capture One 9.x Software