Shortcuts for Expanding Crops

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Shortcuts for Expanding Crops

Postby camcooke » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:18 am

Hello all!

Does anyone know if it's possible to expand crops incrementally with shortcuts? I find myself expanding crops very slightly every day and I'm thinking it would be a massive use to my workflow if it's possible?

Thanks!
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Shortcuts for Expanding Crops

Postby brianmerwin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Nope.

Sounds like a candidate for a feature request.
brianmerwin
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:52 pm

CamCooke wrote:Hello all!

Does anyone know if it's possible to expand crops incrementally with shortcuts? I find myself expanding crops very slightly every day and I'm thinking it would be a massive use to my workflow if it's possible?

Thanks!

If you are using ratios you could consider right click and change one of the measurment values - the other will adjust in line with the ratio.

Unconstrained would require edit of both values.

Is there any reason why you find yourself making the changes every day?

Is it something specific to the subject matter or client requirements?

There might be a different approach that could be even more useful.

Grant
SFA

Postby camcooke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:16 am

Hey Grant!

Sorry I never saw your reply mate, as we shoot talent that moves slightly forward and backwards whilst we're shooting, to maintain proportion I need to be changing the crops slightly to keep the consistency.

Because they're only minor adjustments in crop size, I was hoping there could be a way to adjust the overall crop size slightly with a keyboard shortcut instead of having to use the mouse every time?
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Denyer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Second on this, mainly for tying the controls to a midi or similar control surface.

I regularly have to edit 1000-2000 shots from a competition, and each one needs crop, XY adjustment and rotation adjustment.

In Lightroom you can use the "Lens Corrections" section to adjust X/Y Pan, Rotation and Zoom. These map to knobs and faders on my MIDI desk meaning I can crop and rotate the image to fit within 1-2 seconds without moving my hands from the same controls I use to tweak exposure and colour (Stage lighting is unpredictable at best so every image needs some level of tweaking)

Whilst rotation can be mapped to the keyboard in +/1 increments, I have to move my hands to the pen to adjust crops and it's killing me, enough to have me still run my large edits through Lightroom (Which is VERY painful because it's direly slow for absolutely everything except for being MIDI control surface enabled)

For example on the Tangent, it'd be nice to have XY pan on one ball, crop zoom on the other, and aspect ratio flip on a button. Bang, done.
Denyer

Return to Capture One 9.x Software