Turning off CA and Purple Fringing Correction

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Turning off CA and Purple Fringing Correction

Postby VirtualRain » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:52 pm

It seems that regardless of whether you check the CA correction in the lens profile or not, it still removes CA.

This is normally fine, except I have some firework shots where all the colour is being stripped out due to C1P CA correction and I can't see to find a way to disable it.

How can I tell C1P to leave my photos alone?!
VirtualRain

Re: Turning off CA and Purple Fringing Correction

Postby VirtualRain » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:11 am

I would really like an answer to this. It appears impossible to disable the CA and purple fringing that C1 is applying to my Sony RAW files. What am I missing?
VirtualRain

Re: Turning off CA and Purple Fringing Correction

Postby Ian3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 am

I would certainly have expected unchecking the CA box to do it. And you can obviously have the Purple Fringing slider turned down to zero. You generally find that you only see the true effects of the CA and Purple Fringing controls if you look at the image ay 100% and you may need to do that to check what is really happening.

Also you could try changing the profile on the lens tab from Manufacturer Profile or whatever it says to generic.

Finally, are you sure that it is C1 that is doing this, and not something that is being applied in-camera?

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 9.x Software