"Edit With..." won't remember my programs.

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 10.x and 9.x

"Edit With..." won't remember my programs.

Postby okapia » Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 am

Just installed the trial of the Capture One 9.1.1 to check it out. When I try to do a roundtrip in Photoshop using the "Edit With..." options, Photoshop will not stick in the "Open With" dropdown. I also tested doing this with Nik Color Efex Pro, and it also will not stick. The only programs that stay in the "Open With" menu are Paint and ACDsee, which it defaulted to but I have never used either for image editing on this computer. Everytime I want to use another program, I have to navigate to the "Program Files" folder and select the exe manually. The extra steps are pretty annoying; anyway I can get other programs to stay in my menu?
okapia

Re: "Edit With..." won't remember my programs.

Postby Samoreen » Thu May 26, 2016 6:05 am

Samoreen

Postby Thies » Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm

The following workaround works for me (Windows 10):
1. Locate a .tif file in Windows Explorer
2. Right-click the .tif file and select 'Open with...'
3. Select 'Choose another app' from the context menu
4. Remove the check box 'Always use this app...'
5. Scroll down and click 'More apps'
6. Scroll down and click 'Choose a different app on this computer'
7. Browse to Programs -> Google -> Nik Collection ->the program you want to use -> ...(64-Bit) ->the program you want to use
This will open the .tif file in the NIK program. Next time you use C1, the program will be available in the drop-down box
Thies

Postby Samoreen » Thu May 26, 2016 6:38 pm

@Thies

Unfortunately, this method will not work all the time. If you add further entries, some previously added entries will merely disappear from the Edit with... menu, probably because they have limited the number of entries.

This problem still needs to be fixed properly either like in Lightroom.
Last edited by Samoreen on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samoreen

Postby okapia » Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 pm

@Samoreen
Thanks for referencing the other thread. Glad to know it's not just me - hopefully it will get fixed.

@Thies
Thanks for the tip. I can confirm this worked in Windows 7 too. I'd still prefer them to stick automatically, but for now I'm just using Photoshop/Nik plugins and this solved my problem.
okapia

Return to Capture One 10.x and 9.x Software