impossible to delete keyword

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

impossible to delete keyword

Postby d-productions » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello,
Sorry for my english but i am french and my english is not good.

I have import photo of Aperture.

Il want to delete keywords of the catalog keyword
I delete them
I quit capture one
but them i re start him all the keywords are come on.

I m go in preference and test all variation
Synchronise
Charge
None
Cases XMP ans Sidecar on or off

Not result

I contact the support and they remember
If in the library, you must delete from the library specifically. If they remain on the images, it could be because they keywords are written into the Raw files them selves by Aperture. If that is the case we cannot fully delete them because we do not modify the original file.

If you can help me.
d-productions

Re: impossible to delete keyword

Postby John Doe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:45 pm

d-productions wrote:Hello,

I delete them
I quit capture one

It's a known issue, we have discussed it here a few times and I have the same problem.

If in the library, you must delete from the library specifically. If they remain on the images, it could be because they keywords are written into the Raw files them selves by Aperture. If that is the case we cannot fully delete them because we do not modify the original file.

Hmmm that's a good lead. Maybe try to use exiftool to check if the reappearing keywords are indeed in the RAW files. I'll try it tonight.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby fotojenic777 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Capture One doesn't allow you to delete keywords on images with less than 512 width or height. An old restriction that they say may be removed in future releases.
fotojenic777

Postby John Doe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:39 pm

OK I tried to clean my files but it didn't work: the deleted keywords still reappear when I quit/relaunch CaptureOne.

There were indeed embedded keywords, as well as Subject and Hierarchical Subjects EXIF tags to remove.

Provided exiftool is installed on your computer, you can see if your images have such embedded tags by typing the following:

Code: Select all
$ exiftool -T -r -filename -keywords -Subject -HierarchicalSubject ~/Pictures/CaptureOneMasters > out.txt

This will create a tabulated (-T) list ("out.txt") of all the files contained in ~/Pictures/CaptureOneMasters and its subfolders (-r, as in recursively), listing for each its filename and the keywords, Subject and Hierarchical Subject tags if any.

This is how I found that a few of my files had such tags.

I then cleaned them by typing:

Code: Select all
$ exiftool -overwrite_original -r -keywords= -Subject= -HierarchicalSubject= ~/Pictures/CaptureOneMasters

But CaptureOne still shows the unwanted keywords in the Keywords tool.

Am I missing something?
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby John Doe » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 pm

fotojenic777 wrote:Capture One doesn't allow you to delete keywords on images with less than 512 width or height. An old restriction that they say may be removed in future releases.

That's not the issue here, unfortunately. I have no picture that small.
John Doe

Postby lewisl » Sun May 01, 2016 12:05 am

C1 won't do any edit to an image less than 640px on any dimension. Unfortunately, changing metadata counts as an edit.

I think that users of medium format cameras would consider such an image a thumb or preview and would never edit it.

As us amateurs (YMMV) pile on we have little web pics that we do want to manage so needs change over time.

I could live with not doing image edits to small files, but changing metadata would be useful as sometimes that little image is the only extant copy of something.
lewisl

Postby John Doe » Sun May 01, 2016 12:13 am

Again, that's not the issue here.
John Doe

Postby DWL » Sun May 01, 2016 2:16 am

Sounds same as mine and others issue....acknowledged problem....fixed...then regressed.

See viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22377
Doug
DWL

Postby d-productions » Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm

I huse exifs éditor but modifications don't have appl in capture one
If i reload métadonnées thé keywords come on

I test with gps photolinker
Not result

How to destroy or modifie metadata in my jpeg and cr2?
d-productions

Postby John Doe » Sun May 01, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm wondering if it could be related to some cache files still present either in ~/Library/Application Support or within the catalog itself. I'll try to find time to export to a new catalog and flush all possible cache files, and see what happens. Stay tuned...
John Doe

Postby xplatinum » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 pm

d-productions wrote:Hello,

I delete them
I quit capture one

I m go in preference and test all variation
Synchronise
Charge
None
Cases XMP ans Sidecar on or off

Not result

If you can help me.
John Doe wrote:I'm wondering if it could be related to some cache files still present either in ~/Library/Application Support or within the catalog itself. I'll try to find time to export to a new catalog and flush all possible cache files, and see what happens. Stay tuned...

You guys have any news on this? I'm trying to migrate from LR to C1 and I am facing the same issue. It's madening and if it persists I'll just stick with LR. Thanks!
xplatinum

Return to Capture One 9.x Software