Saving guide templates for different jobs

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Saving guide templates for different jobs

Postby camcooke » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:26 am

Hey all!

I've just had a thought and I'm not sure if it's possible, I know you can lock guides but I wasn't sure if it's possible to save multiple guide templates for different jobs/clients? We have multiple clients that I need to load different guides for every time we shoot, and I'm trying to think of better and faster options.

Any ideas?
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Saving guide templates for different jobs

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Would creating one or more overlays per client be a possible way to approach the requirement?

Have the overlay active when shooting.

Grant
SFA

Postby camcooke » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 am

Thanks SFA, that would work I'm just curious if it's possible to save guides. We have a document with guide measurements in it, it's just a lengthy annoying process!
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:05 pm

CamCooke wrote:Thanks SFA, that would work I'm just curious if it's possible to save guides. We have a document with guide measurements in it, it's just a lengthy annoying process!

If they are fixed could yo make them embedded in the overlay(s)?

Grant
SFA

Postby camcooke » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 am

Hey Grant!

Yeah they're fixed for individual clients, I've tried using Overlays and even if I create a file at the same dimensions as my processed image will be, the guides aren't in the correct position and I can't get them in the right position even using the scale feature that C1 offers!
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby camcooke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:39 am

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a pretty ongoing problem for us!
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am

Just reading back to your previous post.

If you create an document that has positions for margins, title bars, header logos or whatever at a specified size and with the identifying markers set up as required by measurement (ins, cms, pixels, points?) and use that document as an overlay, how does the overlay fail to put the correct marks in the required positions?

I am quite surprised that overlay process provided seems to fail your needs - but then it's not something I can recall using much and certainly not in a production mode.

I think anyone not involved in your process challenge would likely need to understand that before being able to make any useful suggestions.

Maybe it's something to ask of Phase in the hope they can direct you to someone who already has the answer?

Grant
SFA

Postby camcooke » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:55 am

Hey SFA!

Yeah exactly, it doesn't make sense. If I'm processing at 2500 x 2500 for example, and I create a file inside of Photoshop at the same dimensions and add the 'guides' to the percentages that I need, if I add that file as an overlay in C1 the guides are in the complete wrong positions, because adding overlays requires using the 'scale' slider which is not precise enough.

Even without touching any of the sliders, the guides are completely wrong. It would make sense to me if the dimensions are the same as the recipe, it shouldn't require scaling at all
camcooke
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 9.x Software