Feature Requests Please!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Re: Feature Requests Please!

Postby SFA » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:13 am

dancar wrote:
5/ Option to use Return or Enter to finalise a Crop
This could already be an option but I've not found it, sorry if that is the case. Just so natural to hit Return to finalise a Crop or rotation adjustment.

What do you mean by "Finalise crop or rotation"?

There is no need to do that other than the "Apply" requirement to commit Keystone adjustments. (I can't think of any others off the top of my head.)

Grant
SFA

Postby John Doe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:23 am

SFA wrote:
dancar wrote:
5/ Option to use Return or Enter to finalise a Crop
This could already be an option but I've not found it, sorry if that is the case. Just so natural to hit Return to finalise a Crop or rotation adjustment.

What do you mean by "Finalise crop or rotation"?

There is no need to do that other than the "Apply" requirement to commit Keystone adjustments. (I can't think of any others off the top of my head.)

Grant

Indeed, while I do understand it can be a bit confusing to people coming from other apps (e.g. LR), there's no need to "confirm" a crop in CO. Since you can only change the crop if you select the crop tool, simply changing to another tool (press "h" for hand, for instance) will in effect "confirm" the crop.

As far as I'm concerned, this implementation is way better than to have an "apply" button, because you never have to wonder if you pressed the button or not. If you crop it, it's cropped. Period.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby RichardT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 am

The only downside I can see with Capture One's crop method, is that if you go back to the crop tool and 'accidentally' click outside of the crop area (while the cursor is showing a simple cross shape), you lose the crop and you can't get it back. You have to re-create it from scratch. It's not a big deal, but can be annoying if you are in a hurry.
RichardT

Postby John Doe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:52 am

RichardT wrote:The only downside I can see with Capture One's crop method, is that if you go back to the crop tool and 'accidentally' click outside of the crop area (while the cursor is showing a simple cross shape), you lose the crop and you can't get it back. You have to re-create it from scratch. It's not a big deal, but can be annoying if you are in a hurry.

Edit > Undo crop. No problem at all.

And IMHO it takes a lot of clumsiness to accidentally go back to the crop tool and change the crop. :)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby RichardT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:05 pm

John Doe wrote:
RichardT wrote:The only downside I can see with Capture One's crop method, is that if you go back to the crop tool and 'accidentally' click outside of the crop area (while the cursor is showing a simple cross shape), you lose the crop and you can't get it back. You have to re-create it from scratch. It's not a big deal, but can be annoying if you are in a hurry.

And IMHO it takes a lot of clumsiness to accidentally go back to the crop tool and change the crop. :)

:lol: good points, for some reason I don't look in the menus as much as I should!
RichardT

Postby John Doe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:14 pm

RichardT wrote:
John Doe wrote:

:lol: good points, for some reason I don't look in the menus as much as I should!

There's a shortcut if you don't want to look in the menus : ⌘-Z

:)
John Doe

Postby EnderWiggins » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Gents, just a reminder: collecting feature requests here on the user-to-user forum is all fun and games, but at some point ya'll need to submit those very same feature requests through Phase One's support ticket system, otherwise its a bit of a useless exercise.

I think they listen to customers, at least thats my impression after some of their replies to my own requests over the last months since I migrated from Aperture.
EnderWiggins

Postby dancar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:45 am

On the "Finalise Crop" request, seems like it's specific to me, fair enough too. Tech support were great and offered a nice fix, map "hand tool to Enter". That'll do the trick. A big plus for C1, very extensive support for Shortcut mapping.

Cheers EnderWiggins, I certainly put in a formal support ticket and got a reply thanking me for my thoughts. Much worth putting it out there.
dancar

Postby jknights » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 pm

I have support requests for the following:

Nikon D500 RAW support
Fuji XPro2 RAW support
Fuji (XT1 and XPro2) Tethering
Updated Tethering support for Nikon D500, D3s, D800 and D600 cameras.
Addition of functionality similar to Photoshop Colour Mixer to allow for InfraRed and UV RAW processing.

I have made multiple requests over the years for ...... functionality similar to Photoshop Colour Mixer to allow for InfraRed and UV RAW processing.
Please put in your own requests as extra numbers raises priority of requests.
jknights

Postby John Doe » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

dancar wrote:On the "Finalise Crop" request, seems like it's specific to me, fair enough too. Tech support were great and offered a nice fix, map "hand tool to Enter".

Clever trick. :)
John Doe

Postby NNN635883159666342568 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:02 pm

STACKS - -please!!

Importing my Aperture library is a mess without the images stacked and one "picked"
NNN635883159666342568

Postby DAndison » Mon May 23, 2016 7:46 am

Support ID - 219705 - Zeiss Loxia 21 Lens profile.
DAndison

Postby sdedalus1 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 am

220370 Feature request: Please add a "don't import duplicates" option.

In addition to "don't import duplicates" being helpful when importing from partially-imported memory cards, I also want to be able to point C1's referenced catalogue to a single "master" folder where I store images (that are sorted/managed in LR: in addition to cataloguing, rating, and culling there, I use the map/geotagging panel), so that C1 imports new (and only new) subfolders/images added to the main folder--either manually by pointing C1 there via the import dialogue and telling it to (re)import the master folder, or automagically by watching the folder.

Right now, I only use C1 for images I really want to look great (and therefore go through the steps of sorting and importing while avoiding duplicates); adding this option would really make it my full time choice for processing.
sdedalus1

Postby NNN636194275941209240 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am

We need more lens profiles. A couple of specific requests:

The Rokinon/Samyang/Bower 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC - great lens but HUGE mustache distortion. We really need a lens profile for this.

Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 SL II N - much truer lens but the most popular Voigtlander out there for DSLR.
NNN636194275941209240

Previous

Return to Capture One 9.x Software