Command line arguments and session

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Command line arguments and session

Postby Samoreen » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi,

I'll try to express with other words an issue already raised in another thread...

Let's assume that C1 is running in session mode or that it was closed while running in session mode.

When launching C1 from an external program, passing it the filepath of a RAW file on the command line, C1 doesn't add that single file to the session but automatically adds all files located in the folder where the target file resides, therefore creating companion files (thumbnails, cache, etc.) for all these files although only the companion files for the RAW file passed on the command line are needed.

This is rather annoying because a lot of useless files are systematically generated. It should be possible to specify that only the files passed on the command line are to be added to the session or at least to be able to remove teh superfluous files from the session "after the fact" without physically deleting them or moving them to the Trash.

It seems that this was possible with previous versions but not with version 9.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Regards.
Samoreen

Re: Command line arguments and session

Postby deejjjaaaa » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Samoreen wrote:Hi,

I'll try to express with other words an issue already raised in another thread...

Let's assume that C1 is running in session mode or that it was closed while running in session mode.

When launching C1 from an external program, passing it the filepath of a RAW file on the command line, C1 doesn't add that single file to the session but automatically adds all files located in the folder where the target file resides, therefore creating companion files (thumbnails, cache, etc.) for all these files although only the companion files for the RAW file passed on the command line are needed.

This is rather annoying because a lot of useless files are systematically generated. It should be possible to specify that only the files passed on the command line are to be added to the session or at least to be able to remove teh superfluous files from the session "after the fact" without physically deleting them or moving them to the Trash.

It seems that this was possible with previous versions but not with version 9.

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Regards.

for the future generations (PC/Windows platform):

you can create batch file and use symbolic links trick to get around this - this is how I do it (snippet from a longer batch file)

@mkdir "Z:%~p1" 1> nul 2> nul
@mkdir "Z:%~p1CaptureOne\Cache" 1> nul 2> nul

@mklink "Z:%~p1%~nx1" %1 1> nul 2> nul

@mklink /D "Z:%~p1CaptureOne\Settings120" "%~dp1" 1> nul 2> nul

@mklink /D "Z:%~p1OUT" "%~dp1" 1> nul 2> nul

Z - is a RAM drive, as such it gets cleaned by design every reboot, so I do not have my file system polluted by PhaseOne

"OUT" -> Process Recipe -> Root Folder: Image Folder & Sub Folder: OUT

and that's it... in my setup PhaseOne does not pollute folders with raw files by any subfolders... .cos files like .xmp files are near raw files in the same folder... all stupid .cop, .cot, .cof files are never polluting my persistent storage
deejjjaaaa

Return to Capture One 9.x Software