Include overlay when exporting

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

Include overlay when exporting

Postby DanKansai » Thu May 04, 2017 8:33 am

Hello everybody,

I am using Capture One 9.3 and Windows 8.1.
I have recently started to use the overlay tool in the composition tab.

I use it as explained, by dropping an image file (jpeg or png) in the box and then adjusting the opacity and the position.
However, after I export the variant in jpg (I also tried png for record), the overlay effect is literally invisible.
The output file is simply the main image, as if I had put nothing in the overlay box.

Is there something I miss? Like an export option I should have checked? I tried to overview the export options but found nothing.

Thank you in advance.
DanKansai

Re: Include overlay when exporting

Postby ben_US » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm

The Overlay tool is designed to be used for composing, currently there isn't a way to export the image with the overlay from within Capture One.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby NNN636568338569090854 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:30 pm

ben_US wrote:The Overlay tool is designed to be used for composing, currently there isn't a way to export the image with the overlay from within Capture One.

Is this a feature we can request?
Unlike the watermark tool, when i use a image in overlay mode, it scales my image perfectly every time without me changing the scale. I wish the watermark tool did this. When I drop an image in, I have to change the scale every time because my ratios are different due to different sensor sizes.
NNN636568338569090854

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:04 pm

NNN636568338569090854 wrote:
ben_US wrote:The Overlay tool is designed to be used for composing, currently there isn't a way to export the image with the overlay from within Capture One.

Is this a feature we can request?
Unlike the watermark tool, when i use a image in overlay mode, it scales my image perfectly every time without me changing the scale. I wish the watermark tool did this. When I drop an image in, I have to change the scale every time because my ratios are different due to different sensor sizes.

No need to request the feature as it was built-in Capture One 11 (and now 12 of course). In your Process Recipe, Metadata tab, set the checkmark for Overlay.

When you export to PSD, you can have the Overlay in a separate layer in Photoshop.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 9.x Software