All the new things!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 9.x

All the new things!

Postby Jim_DK » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:43 pm

So beta is out again with lots of new things!

As we do our betas behind an Non disclosure Agreement (NDA) I can't really say what's in it... BUT. If you had recently bought a camera... I dunno... one that wasn't yet supported but you really, REALLY wanted it to be supported (and could not wait until public release) then the Beta might just have the answer!

So anyway, for the curious among you: Betas can be obtained by signing up here: http://www.phaseone.com/beta

Installers can then be downloaded from the "my pages" area of the then linked profile (after sign up), along with release notes of what's hot.

See you all after Photokina!
James
Phase One DK
Jim_DK
Crew
Crew

Re: All the new things!

Postby HansVanEijsden » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:01 am

I'm with a big smile on my face for several days already since it's out :lol: Keep up the good work & thanks! :mrgreen:
HansVanEijsden

Postby mikebeecham » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Hey Jim,

For those running a beta, does the following beta simply install over the top of the previous version, or do you need to create new catalogs every time?

Thanks
mikebeecham

Postby Urmas Tartes » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:14 pm

In my case, the beta it installed over the previous (i.e. it replaced the previous version) version and I can use it like I normally would. Afterall, refining your normal workflow is the purpose for beta testing.

However, as I understood, there is however (a sensible) restriction - you cannot not state publicly, that the image was developed with the beta version. It means for example, that you can not make public image quality comparisons with the beta software. Also can not publicly discuss the beta software and its features itself. The only discussion must be kept within you and C1 developing team.

But after the final version is released, you have nice headstart.
Urmas Tartes

Postby mikebeecham » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Sounds good to me...I'm going to sign up. I beta test a ton of applications through work anyway...another one (that i actually love anyway!) isn't going to hurt!
mikebeecham

Postby Nature Isme » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:30 pm

I'd suggest NOT installing ANY beta over an existing working copy of software. That goes for Capture One and any other beta one might test.

Just like the official release, you don't NEED to install the Beta into your Applications folder. You can put it anywhere, including on your Desktop or on another drive. In fact, if you read the Beta Tester instructions, Phase One clearly advises you to create a parallel installation so you don't mess up anything "real". This is sound advice.

Look at my earlier post about how to save C1 settings in general. I suggest always backing your settings up anyway, and especially if you're planning on beta testing. Again, this applies for ANY beta testing—not just for C1.
Nature Isme

Postby Urmas Tartes » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:33 am

You are definitely correct with being cautious with beta's. In my case I did not notice separate installation option (maybe just missed it) and thought, that maybe it is very close to release version. I worst case, I can always uninstall beta and return to previous version. I make database backup each day so for me, there were no risks involved.

So far there are absolutely no reasons to abandon the beta test. Probably contrary- when I use it as I normally do, I can have my little support for the better final release.
Urmas Tartes

Postby jknights » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 am

mikebeecham wrote:Hey Jim,

For those running a beta, does the following beta simply install over the top of the previous version, or do you need to create new catalogs every time?

Thanks

On Mac the answer is that you can run side by side.
On install it asks if you want to replace or keep both. Do the keep both and it becomes Capture10.app
jknights

Postby grossmaggul » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:56 am

I had just a quick look on the changes and the few bugfixes, keyword problem seems still not to be solved. :?
grossmaggul

Postby Andreas262 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:28 pm

I tested the beta with Canon EOS 5D markIV.

It recognizes the Camera, but tethered shooting was not possible.
It transferred no images to the computer...just once it transferred one.

We can work with the rawfiles of the camera captured with eos utility.

Lets hope the final new version will be out soon after photokina :-)

Greetings
Andreas
Andreas262

Postby HansVanEijsden » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Formally, the beta doesn't exist. And, we cannot talk about it here. So, I can only give a hint: look again. :wink:
HansVanEijsden

Postby emha » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Jim_DK wrote:... BUT. If you had recently bought a camera... I dunno... one that wasn't yet supported but you really, REALLY wanted it to be supported (and could not wait until public release) then the Beta might just have the answer!

Wie wäre es denn, wenn Ihr erstmal Kameras, die schon länger auf dem Markt sind, wie z.B. die Fuji X-Pro 2 unterstützt, bevor Ihr neue Kameras kompatibel macht? Vor allem vor dem Hintergrund, dass Ihr das schon häufiger via Supporttickets zugesagt habt? Oder wird die X-Pro 2 mit dem nächsten Update endlich korrekt unterstützt??
emha

Return to Capture One 9.x Software