XF Prism

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

XF Prism

Postby jtremblay » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:37 pm

I have had an occasional issue with the prism not working on the XF camera - I power up the camera and I can't see through the prism. Rebooting the camera (shut off/turn on) solves the problem -

I should mention when I first got the XF the prism did not work at all. I was told to re-load the firmware both on my 180 back and on the XF body but this did not solve the problem. I finally got it working by clicking the mirror up button many times in a row (prob at least 10x).

Since then I've encountered the problem sporadically - I've owned the camera for about a month - time will tell if this is an ongoing problem or not -

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
jtremblay

Re: XF Prism

Postby Ross Floyd » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:36 pm

The prism doesn't really have any mechanical parts that I am aware of. I do notice the XF goes into full-off mode more than the DF+ are you sure that your shutter/mirror isn't just in the "up" position?
Ross Floyd
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ross Floyd » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:40 pm

You could try going into:

Menu>XF menu>Power Management> Mirror position

And switch it to "down" instead of "auto" - this is risky though - its a big mechanical mirror that swings around when you take a shot - the auto up function is meant to protect it during travel etc.

Be aware that it could cause other problems leaving it down all of the time. If you are working in the studio and your camera never leaves the studio stand, it probably won't matter for you.
Ross Floyd
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby jtremblay » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:50 pm

As a follow-up the mirror was definitely not in the up position. The problem persisted and I had to load a previous firmware onto the camera to correct the issue. At a later date my back (IQ-180) went down, and had to be sent back to Denmark for repair - by this time there was a couple more firmware updates, which were loaded onto the back when I received it back. The prism has been working ever since -
jtremblay

Postby arnoldbelohlavek » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:09 pm

I myself made the feature update 3 on Friday ... on Saturday i went shooting and hat 2 Times (while within a view minutes) the PRISM black (no LCDs aktivated in the OVF) and had Lens Error on the Main-Screen (XF Camera). I am shooting a leaf credo back with all updates ... I do hope that there is no issue with the feature-update
arnoldbelohlavek
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Phase One XF and XT