XF delivery times

Discussions regarding Phase One XF and XT
Also lens discussion for Phase One, Schneider and Rodenstock lenses.

XF delivery times

Postby Ingo-A » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:43 pm

I've ordered my XF-body three month ago on June-03. Unfortunately there seems to be supply difficulties and I'm still waiting.
Does anybody know if there are such massive supply difficulties or is this limited to specific countries (for me Germany)?
Ingo-A

Re: XF delivery times

Postby Digital Transitions, Doug » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:50 pm

No "massive supply issues" - just more demand than supply. Not surprising given the number of phase users that were waiting for this new body to be released.

Keep in touch with your dealer; they are your best point of contact for where you are in line.

Trust me, it's worth the wait!
Digital Transitions, Doug
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ingo-A » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 pm

My dealer also has no clue. The thing is that I ordered only one day after the announcement. So my hope was, that I'm in front of the queue.
Ingo-A

Postby TonySuber » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:24 am

I too reserved my XF body immediately after the announcement was made and the info provided by my dealer (potentially outdated now) was that Phase One was initially only shipping the XF kits rather than shipping a mixture of kits (drawing new customers) and camera bodies (allowing existing customers to upgrade camera body).

Not exactly what I'd call taking care of your loyal customers but maybe there's a deeper marketing strategy that I just don't understand.

Admittedly, it has become less of an issue for me since I shoot with a Leaf Credo back.

Apparently the only thing moving slower than delivery of an XF camera body is an update on the XF and Credo interoperability firmware delivery schedule.

Tony
TonySuber

Postby Ingo-A » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:44 am

For me it's not very urgent and I don't care if the delivery takes 1 week or 1 quarter. But a bit more transparency would be appreciated.

My dealer told me a couple of delivery dates:
- End of June - 'radio silence' - So I asked again mid of Julie and got
- Beging of August - 'radio silcence' - Next delivery date was
- 31. August - 'radio silcence'

I don't like this kind of 'no-communication'.
Ingo-A

Postby NN142196UL1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:00 am

Have anyone heard anything more about delivery times on the XF body?

I also wondered if anyone know what's included with the body(only), is there a case? How many batteries etc.

-S
NN142196UL1

Postby Digital Transitions, Doug » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:27 pm

We (DT in NYC, largest P1 dealer in US) continue to deliver XF and IQ3 systems to our backorder queue of clients.

You should stay in touch with your dealer; it is (quite literally) their job to keep you apprised of expected delivery times. If you're far back in the queue they can only give you a rough estimate, which will get more clear as you come closer to the front of the queue.

As for what comes in the case that depends on whether it was purchased as a stand alone, upgrade, with or without a back, and which warranty you have purchased, and whether the dealer was running any promotions to include additional accessories (and, obviously, whether you have ordered any additional accessories). Some information can be found here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1 But your dealer can confirm for you *exactly* what accessories your order will arrive with based on the way you have ordered it.
Digital Transitions, Doug
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Ingo-A » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks. Do you deliver 10 cameras a week or 1 a month?

Today my dealer contacted me and I was told that I definitely cannot expect a delivery within October. "Maybe" it will be a kind of christmas present for me. I assume, that the German market has no priority. I spent 50k bucks for PO and Lenses this year and just would like to secure my investment.

That's o.k. for me. I don't expect anything anymore. Nowadays products are just announced, not delivered. This is a well known behavior in the industry.
Ingo-A

Postby NN143911 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:17 am

I can't remember the year, but is was about 2005 - 2007, when I ordered a Blad H1 and the Phase One 101 back. I was told by the dealer "a couple of weeks," and that was agony for me. I did get it several weeks later. I was told the dealer got three units - Blad/Phase One backs and 2 of them went to ABC television and I got the third. This was my first digital camera. What a learning curve from film. The back was 11 MP and until just recently no DSLR came close to the skin tones that back produced.
NN143911

Postby NN142196UL1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:30 am

Does anyone know what the reason for the delay is? Is there problems in the production? I ordered mine on the 2. June (Camera Only) and Im still waiting...
NN142196UL1

Postby Drew » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:03 am

NN142196UL1 wrote:Does anyone know what the reason for the delay is? Is there problems in the production? I ordered mine on the 2. June (Camera Only) and Im still waiting...

No issue on production. No issue on delivery. Please contact your partner for the ETA. This should have been communicated to you at the time of purchase, if not they will be happy to update you.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby NN142196UL1 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:49 pm

OK, I'll do that, thanks :)

-S
NN142196UL1

Postby NN281337UL » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm

I ordered my XF last June pretty much as soon as it was announced. Im still waiting and being told by my UK dealer that there are no XF bodies available even now February 2016.

This is completely unacceptable, I am literally about to dump all my Phase kit and go to Hasselblad. I will lose a considerable amount of money of course and obviously will never return to Phase. Ive been a Phaseone owner for year starting with P30, P45 and now on IQ.

Just what is the problem? why are you marketing a product you cannot actually buy?
NN281337UL

Postby Drew » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:30 pm

NN281337UL wrote:Just what is the problem? why are you marketing a product you cannot actually buy?

Curious to know if we can get the details of your order?
Your Phase One partner should be able to give you an estimated time of delivery quite some time ago. If we can get your order details, we can look into it specifically and let you know when it should arrive.
Drew
Crew
Crew

Return to Phase One XF and XT