EQATEC Analytics folder?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 8.x.

Re: EQATEC Analytics folder?

Postby BeO » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 pm

ec.europa.eu wrote:
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data.

Personal data that has been de-identified, encrypted or pseudonymised but can be used to re-identify a person remains personal data and falls within the scope of the law.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-personal-data_en

First, data which allows to identify a person even if it is not personal data as such also falls under this regulation. For me, this includes Licencse code, IP address, MAC adress, device ID etc., which is gathered by P1 (see https://www.phaseone.com/en/Legal/Privacy-Policy.aspx - "1. Collection of personal data")

P1 also shares data with other companies, see "3. Use of sub-processors" in this policy.

I want to use the software, support services and forum, that's it. I do not want to have my data shared with anybody else than P1 (if not really essential to run the software and get these services).

I actually do not want that P1 stores WHEN (date and time) I use the software, I ('d) consider this as a privacy breach.

"9 Withdrawal of consent"

"You may, at any time, withdraw your consent and we will, accordingly, cease processing of your personal data. For the avoidance of doubt, withdrawal of your consent will limit or exclude your access to our Software and Services. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at legal@phaseone.com."

The EU GDPR also enforces the principle of ‘data minimisation’ which means "personal data" should only be collected if it is really necessary.

In my opinion

PHASE ONE SHOULD EXPLAIN EXACTLY WHAT DATA IS GATHERED, AND WHICH DATA IS SHARED WITH WHICH COMPANY FOR WHAT EXACT PURPOSE AND PROVIDE AN EASY WAY TO OPT OUT STORING, PROCESSING AND USING PERSONAL DATA IF IT IS NOT ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY TO RUN THE SOFTWARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES.

If I'd opt out the gathering of my software usage pattern and this then means that the usage pattern of me is not used to improve the software then it is like so. Not sure I'd do so but we should have the choice.
BeO

Postby Ian3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:24 pm

Clearly we are unable (as a user-to-user forum) to give an answer. But as they have provided the email address legal@phaseone.com you could ask them.

Ian
Ian3

Postby BeO » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:19 am

Ian3 wrote:Clearly we are unable (as a user-to-user forum) to give an answer. But as they have provided the email address legal@phaseone.com you could ask them.

Ian

Sure, the forum is more for member discussion and public awareness.
BeO

Previous

Return to Capture One 8.x Software