movie images folder inside catalog to external hd folders

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

movie images folder inside catalog to external hd folders

Postby klin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 pm

hi All
is there any easy way I can move all of my images inside the catalog to folder in external hard drive and still keep the same folder structrue? . I have 200 gb pictures in my laptop inside the catalog in my laptop and I want to move all the picture to external hard drive and still keep the same folders strucctrue. if I select all the file and drag to new folder, it will copy over all the pictures but I will end up have a very large folder any idea any better way to do this?

thanks!
klin

Re: movie images folder inside catalog to external hd folder

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:32 pm

The point is that in case you stored your images inside the catalog folder, there is no folder structure to retain.

So to check, you go to the Folders section in the Library tool. Are your images stored in the My Catalog item or do you see your intern HD listed with subfolders? In the latter case, your images are not stored inside the catalog and it is easy to retain the folder structure.

However, are all your images are in the My Catalog folder, there is no folder structure to retain. You have to setup that on your external drive.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration