question about Red eye Reduction ?

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

question about Red eye Reduction ?

Postby NN636844159711672524UL » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:36 am

Well sorry to raise an old post from CaptureOnev8, but is there any chance this red-eye issue will get addressed in Capture One?

I am editing hundreds of family photos and red-eye is definitely an issue. And YES I shoot RAW and YES I use off-camera flash so don't tell me how to do it properly. I am dealing with 2 decades of photos.

It doesn't help when you say that it is not a problem for Professional photographers. If I was pirating your software, sure you could say, she doesn't matter. But I pay the same for all my Capture One licenses as those who think I am a complaining lunatic.

The recommended manual layer editing is a crock of #$%@
Photos with multiple red-eyes, esp brown eyes with red tones, requires multiple layers and multiple masks, when one button click could fix it. And round tripping to Photoshop to fix red-eye is embarrassing PhaseOne, wasting my time, wasting my resources.

I'm going to be editing these for a long time, and I am sure that many other Photographers will get the job of editing their families photos as well. Fobbing us off when we choose to use Capture One instead of Lightroom, that's shitting where you eat. Such a small thing to be on your high-horse. It's like the restaurant chef who won't cook steaks any way other than rare because they know best.
NN636844159711672524UL

Re: question about Red eye Reduction ?

Postby IanL » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm

That would be nice. I recommend you open a support case to ask for that as a feature. Support requests is apparently they way Phase One tracks such requests.
IanL

Postby SFA » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 pm

For such a task why not just but a low cost tool that has the function? There may be some free tools around. Some are on line tools. You could get the family to do it themselves!

If you get one that claims to be able to spot Red Eye by itself it would save even more time for you on most photos.
SFA

Postby Keith Reeder » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am

NN636844159711672524UL wrote:Well sorry to raise an old post from CaptureOnev8, but is there any chance this red-eye issue will get addressed in Capture One?

It's not an "issue". Capture One simply doesn't do red-eye reduction because it's not designed to.

Use the right tool for the job - it's not a hard concept to grasp.

Such a small thing to be on your high-horse

How's the view from up there on yours?
Keith Reeder
Keith Reeder

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration