Evening out splotchy paint on room wall

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Evening out splotchy paint on room wall

Postby CBF23 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 am

Using CO 12 for Windows.

One of the walls is kind of splotchy with two close, but noticeably different tones of grey; as if someone painted here and there to cover imperfections/dirt/etc.. It' only like this on part of the wall, not the whole wall. I'm trying to even out the color so the wall is all one uniform shade of grey.

I've tried creating a layer and then using the Color Editor/Skin Tone tool, but when I use the Pick Skin Color Correction picker and then adjust Hue and Saturation under Uniformity, nothing happens other than subtle changes to colors in other parts of the photo.

Pretty sure I'm following the instructions as shown in more than one blog entry on using the Skin Correction tool, and assuming Skin Correction is what I want to be using because even though I'm not trying to correct an actual skin tone to become uniform, the concept is the same.

What am I doing wrong, or what should I be doing?
CBF23

Re: Evening out splotchy paint on room wall

Postby Ian3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:31 am

I think that the problem may be that the wall is grey. Not easy for the skin tone tool to work on it as it is no definite colour. I suspect that what you want to do would work well if your wall was coloured. I'd be tempted to try healing/cloning for this one.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration