Creating an icc style

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Creating an icc style

Postby mrjoshuameadows » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 am

I have some icc profiles that I would like to reference in a style. How would I go about creating a costyle file that uses an icc / icm file?
mrjoshuameadows

Re: Creating an icc style

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 am

Set the icc profile and create a style, just as for any other adjustment.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby mrjoshuameadows » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:32 am

Could you expand on "set the icc profile"? I know there's a way to have the icc profile and the costyle file in the same X:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Styles50\PACK folder. I just haven't sussed it all out.
mrjoshuameadows

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 am

Set the ICC profile in the Base Characteristics tool and save a style. The style is automatically saved in the right folder ending with ...\Styles50. You do not have to worry about that.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby mrjoshuameadows » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:03 am

So in the interest of narrowing down my problem. I dropped my externally created icc profiles and instead I've verified that I can create a custom ICC profile from within Capture One and in fact create a costyle file and it duplicates the icc file there.
After that it was a matter of discovering why the icc profile I was using wasn't working, after a bit of research and trial and error I was able to determine the icc profile needed to be set as input and not display during creation of the icc file. I am now able to create icc profiles as I desire and create styles with them.
mrjoshuameadows

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration