Adding and removing places in the filters tool

General discussion regarding photography practices and Capture One workflow as well as integration with third party applications.
Please DO NOT post to this thread regarding OS specific concerns or questions.
Forum rules
For the sake of being thorough, please remember to note if you are using Mac or Windows.
Hopefully this will keep any confusion to a minimum.

Adding and removing places in the filters tool

Postby Ian3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm

I usually use sessions. Now I am considering cataloging with Capture One rather than with Media Pro. I'm trying to work out the Places feature in the Filters tool. If I Click the + to add a new Place I get the chance to add a new Place and it tells me the format is Country>State>City>Location. So I can add a country such as France. If I want to show some of the France pictures as being in Nice and some as being in Paris (the only two cities I have been to in France!) how do I add Nice and Paris without adding a state? Not all countries are organised on Country>State>City>Location principles. I'd like to have things like France>Paris>Notre Dame. (I don't mind if there is a blank State field in the middle). But I can't see how to do it!

Ian

Edited to add: OK - I find I can enter France>>Paris>Notre Dame and it leaves the State field blank. But I first made a mistake and entered France>>Notre Dame, so I have a spurious Notre Dame city and I can't see how to remove it again. Can you remove places?
Ian3

Return to Workflow and Common Photography Exploration