best combo MacBook/software

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

best combo MacBook/software

Postby pino » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:12 am

Hi everybody. I would use the Mac ONLY for precise focusing on my P65+ back, thanks to the Liveview function on CO7 (or perhaps 8??). What is the best combo MacBook/software ONLY for this application? The files I would work them comfortably at home in front of the 24" screen Eizo of my Mac Pro. I was thinking to a 13" MacBook Pro with the minimum configuration required (Intel Core 2 duo, 4Gb of Ram, 256 of HD ssd). Is it enough for only focusing on LV, or I need something more??
I would prefer the direct firewire800 connection on Mac, instead using the Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter.
Thank you
pino

Re: best combo MacBook/software

Postby Andriy.Okhrimets » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 pm

First of all firewire port of MacBooks is not a stable enough so you still will require firewire hub, for shooting tethered. Or else even in case of firewire port on old macbook you still will not have enough power, and will be required to change Power Source to batteries only. Second I would recommend at least 8GB of RAM is 4GB is not sufficient to deal with large images that your back produces, So I would rather go with latest Macbook Pro 13, that will work much nicer.
Andriy.Okhrimets
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby pino » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you very much.
pino

Postby Andriy.Okhrimets » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:08 pm

You are welcome. If you still have questions do not hesitate to raise them here.
Andriy.Okhrimets
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 7.x Software