Feature request - tagging whilst slide show in progress...

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Feature request - tagging whilst slide show in progress...

Postby DRSmith » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:44 pm

I have found that sometimes, watching a selection of images in slide show mode is an effective means to select or deselect specific images whilst viewing in a full screen slide show mode.

It would be great if there was the facility to easily (with confirmation) to assign a rating of "colour &/or star 1-5 tag" whilst viewing the image on the screen.

In my case with nature/wildlife images, there may be as many as 20-100 similar/very similar shots, and, even though they will have been previewed and pared-down, cropped etal), I find the slide show very effective as an additional relatively painless means to review the remaining images for further selection/processing.

To be able to dynamically on-the-fly assign tag/colour ratings to individual images whilst viewing in the slide show mode - would be super.

I have tried hitting the keyboard keys whilst viewing slide show images, but the keyboard shortcuts for tagging do not always "stick" (colour rating, and/or tagged star rating system).

Any one else think this is a good /valuable idea?, assuming of course that I have not missed a step here.

Cheers!

David Smith
DRSmith

Re: Feature request - tagging whilst slide show in progress...

Postby Jim MSP » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:54 am

I have the same need while looking at a multiple of sports shots. However, I often find that I need to look at 100% or even larger to make the right decision. I have settled in on using Lightroom for the initial culling before I send them into MediaPro and then into CO.
Jim
Windows 7 Professional x64
i7 -3720 CPU @ 2.60GHz, 4 Core(s)
SSD , Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
CO 7 Pro, M Pro 1.4
Jim MSP

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:53 am

Could tagging while viewing images full screen be a solution? Just an idea, not tried this yet.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist, Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby DRSmith » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Good idea, and yes images can be tagged full screen I believe, but the idea of a slide show is in part to present to a viewing audience a selection of images, and elicit (potentially) a rating by the viewers in order to determine what is accepted/rejected and most popular. Whether an audience of 1 or many....
DRSmith

Return to Capture One 7.x Software