MIDI Controller for Capture One 7

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

MIDI Controller for Capture One 7

Postby NN114152 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 am

I recently read about Paddy for Lightroom (https://sites.google.com/site/dorfl68/) and wondered whether something similar was possible for Capture One 7 to improve usability.

So far, I've managed to set up a Korg Nanopad 2 together with Bome Midi Translator (classic version) in which MIDI notes are translated into keystrokes and shortcut keys programmed in Capture One. This system gives of 64 programmable keys (16 keys on 4 scene sets) that can be set; I've used about half of these so far.

The main advantage is that the most common tools (e.g., exposure, sharpening, noise reduction, saturation) to individual buttons, so can minimize the use of complex keystroke combinations or the mouse.

HOWEVER, I have found a couple of issues, which may not surprise some veterans.

First, I have found some of the entries in the Keyboard Shortcuts menu do not seem to map to controls in Capture One 7 (e.g., Surface Smoothness =/= Noise Reduction Advanced Detail). There may be other controls that aren't mapped correctly in the Keyboard Shortcut that I've not found, or not considered to test.

Second, there seem to be some commands that cannot be set to keyboard shortcuts (patrticularly Enable black and White). Therefore, I think Phase One needs to have a look through the keyboard shortcuts to check what is there, what is missing, and what needs to be fixed, to make this system truely worthwhile.

Third, I can't find a way to export the keyboard shortcuts in Capture One to transfer them to another computer. If anyone has any idea on how to do this, I would be very happy!

Finally, the Nanopad has a X-Y touchpad, but I've yet to incorporate this into the control setting (or work out how). This might need a rule and upgrading to Bome Midi Translator Pro, so something to test when I have more time.

It has probably taken about 1-2 h to set up the system and hopefully will make my life easier!
NN114152

Re: MIDI Controller for Capture One 7

Postby gregger » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:05 pm

I was just looking at MIDI controllers as well, and found your post.
I hope you were able to continue with the work!
Let us know!

Customized Keyboard Settings are stored here:
C:\users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\CustomCommands

If you saved a set of command shortcuts that are custom, you should find them in an XML file.
Copying that XML file to another machine does work. I think you'd have to set a new machine's preferences to automatically load it.

Also, your Recipes are under "Recipes70" or "Recipes82" - if you find duplicate recipes after an upgrade, you can root around in these two folders and remove the offenders!
TTFN
gregger

Return to Capture One 7.x Software