Persistent Problem Corrupts Files

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Persistent Problem Corrupts Files

Postby Glenn101 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:27 pm

I use CO7 Pro with seven different camera types and all work just fine except the Canon G1X. The first time I process a G1X image it works normally and images are finished as TIF files and refined in Photoshop. The next day if I try to correct the White Balance with the pointer on some of the processed files the Kelvin indicator goes fully left to 800 and stays there although the image looks normal and color tones change when I point to a different area of the image. If I manually try to move the Kelvin indicator to the right, away from 800, the image displays a green cast and the only way I can correct this is to Reset the image. I have tried deleting the folder settings file (I use sessions) but the same problem occurs with a new settings file. Of a set of 8 images I took yesterday, 7 display Kevin 800 when WB is reset. The other image seems to act normally although all were taken in the same area. If I don’t Reset the image before closing the program the files seem to be corrupted and some will not Reset in a new session. It has been difficult to trouble shoot as the problem is not consistent and there might be other things happening as well. I have lost files because of this problem and hesitate to use it with G1X files although it does a better job than other processors. I have now gone to making two sets of backup files.

I’ve had this problem since I first started using CO7 Pro and it only happens with G1X files. I contacted Phase One Web support but the person handling my case didn’t seem to understand. After many failed attempts I was finally able to successfully upload an image example of the problem but I didn’t receive any response. I thought the problem was caused by corrupted files in the folder settings file but that has proven wrong.

I’ve tried to understand why this is happening only to the G1X files and all I can think of is there may be a problem with the camera profile. It is different from other camera profiles as it also contains lens distortion corrections. I have no problems with copies of these RAW files when processed in DPP, LR4.3, Camera RAW or After Shot Pro. Because of these problems I tend to avoid using this camera.

Has anyone else processed Canon G1X files with Capture One 7 Pro?
Glenn101

Re: Persistent Problem Corrupts Files

Postby Drew » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Glenn101 wrote:Has anyone else processed Canon G1X files with Capture One 7 Pro?

Many. Can't say I've seen this behavior. Can you send us a file and settings in a support case so we can better understand the issue?
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby AAlain » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 am

Has anyone else processed Canon G1X files with Capture One 7 Pro?

Yes I have a colleague who encounter the same problem and can not find a solution. :?
AAlain

Postby Glenn101 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for that information. I was beginning to think that my problem was unique. In January I communicated with Phase One support for a month including send them a RAW file and gave up without a solution. Now I know the problem is on their end. Lets hope they find a solution.
Glenn101

Postby Drew » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 am

Glenn101 wrote:Now I know the problem is on their end. Lets hope they find a solution.

In the case, we cannot see anything wrong with the RAW you provided. We've requested additional information from you and are awaiting a response.

AAlain wrote:Yes I have a colleague who encounter the same problem and can not find a solution. :?

We would very much like to get a RAW file with settings from your colleague.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby AAlain » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 am

I wish I had a raw too, but the problem is random and can occur on any frame between the closing and reopening the session. Common points so far are the two users are on Windows, I do not know if Mac users have experienced this problem? I am looking for ...
Merci
AAlain

Postby Glenn101 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 pm

My problem is becoming more consistent. Of the last eight exposures I took with the Canon G1X now all eight display the Kelvin slider set to the far left at 800 after processing and when moved the image turns green. I also noticed the G1X profile used with Capture One displays more distortion at the left and right edges than the profile used with Canon's DPP.
Glenn101

Postby Drew » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Glenn101 wrote:My problem is becoming more consistent....P.

Glenn, help us help you. We haven't heard back from you in the support case. The files requested will help us ID what is occurring on your system.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Glenn101 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

I'd be glad to help you but the only request I received was for the RAW file which I sent (G1-1426). I assume the EXIF data was attached. Please tell me again which else you need.
Glenn101

Postby Drew » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Glenn101 wrote:... the only request I received was for the RAW file which I sent (G1-1426). I assume the EXIF data was attached.

We asked for your settings file yesterday with the RAW file. We can see that the RAW is fine, and works fine in the software. We need your old settings file to try and narrow down the issue. Please see the response from yesterday.
Kind Regards,
Drew
Phase One
Drew
Crew
Crew

Postby Glenn101 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 am

Version 7.1.1 seems to have solved the problem. Thanks Drew.
Glenn101

Postby AAlain » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 pm

Thank you for your help, the suite has updated it seems that the problem is resolved. Merci :D
AAlain

Return to Capture One 7.x Software