Canon tethering on Capture One 7

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 7.x

Re: Canon tethering on Capture One 7

Postby michael_robinson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I haven't read all the replies here so excuse me if I'm duplicating.

I talked with a Canon CPS service tech yesterday as I'm having issues with my 5D Mark III, while talking I asked him about C one and them not releasing the SDK and not having the ability to tether. He told me that the SDK is out in full and has been for some time. He also mentioned that nothing has changed in the way the camera mounts to the computer.

So I guess at this point its just C one pointing fingers at Canon and visa versa. While the rest of us try to troubleshoot and find workarounds and have our workflows suffer. It sure would be nice to have full functionality in C one by January.
michael_robinson

Postby NN634904751307566624UL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 am

Hi There,

I am not a genius in the computer world, but not an idiot either.

I have followed the thread of what to do to get to the SDK...

I CANNOT get the SHOW CONTENTS up in the finder...( not showing )

Yes have got a user with ADMIN...still the same

So I can go no further....have spent several hours on this....

Running latest Mac OSX 10.7.5

Can anyone help, someone...anyone...someone much more clever than me hopefully :?

Thanking all in advance

SCOTT
NN634904751307566624UL

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 am

NN634904751307566624UL wrote:...
I CANNOT get the SHOW CONTENTS up in the finder...( not showing )

Hi Scott,

Not sure what stops you, but some tips might help.
- If you are not able to open the context menu of the application in the Finder by right-clicking, try Ctrl+click or use the Action button from the Finder's toolbar (looks like a cogwheel with a little triangle at the right to it).
- Make sure you select the application FIRST before you open the context menu.

Hope this helps. If you still have troubles, let us know which steps you have taken and with what result.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN634904751307566624UL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Paul,

Firstly thanks for your quick reply back and secondly thanks for your patience with me and the issue I am having....

I have read through the thread / info on your site on the EDSDK stuff.

I can bring all up in the finder etc, exactly as shown in the work around dated Oct 26..

This is where I can go no further...

I CANNOT GET in the finder window after right clicking EOS Utility the info " SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS "

It just does not appear on the finder menu ???? Must be something I am doing wrong....

So because I cant get the " SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS " I can go no further.

Look forward to your next guidelines.....and again thank you for your kind assistance.

regards

SCOTT
NN634904751307566624UL

Postby NN634904751307566624UL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Also Paul,

If it helps.....I can take some pics of my screen to show you exactly what appears on screen.

Would this help ??

Can you supply an email address to send to....

Thanks again

SCOTT :?
NN634904751307566624UL

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Scott,

Posting images: if you can post it on the web, you can past the link in your post here. If you can use the [Img] tag, it is viewable directly from the post, as I did in my original post in this thread.

I came across what might happen, just checking:
- You need to click on EOS Utility program; note that it is placed in a folder with the same name. So, go to:
Programs (folder) > Canon Utilities (folder) > EOS Utility (folder) > EOS Utility (program)

Another check:
- Can you open the Capture One application by right-clicking on it and select "Show Package Contents".

If this does not help, a screen shot might be very helpful.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Andreas172 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Does Phase bother reading these posts? What the hell? I thought I had the tethering thing under control thanks to this thread. It is glitchy as heck. I'm also having problem with importing files off of my card reader. 7 also seems to be having problems generating previews during import.

This is so damn frustrating. Aaaaargh!

A.T.
Andreas172

Postby Andreas172 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Sorry Paul

You obviously work with Phase. But holy cow! Why is this so complicated. Why put out a new version if it's got so many issues?

A.T.
Andreas172

Postby PhotoBrains » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 am

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:
Timandrews wrote:...
I've had the thought of trying the CO 7 workaround, only inserting the SDK from my older version of EOS Utility, but that might be asking for too much. Seems that I will need to keep a copy of CO 6.4.2 on my computers just for the 1dsMk2.

Interesting thought to make a workaround for an older camera. You could keep CO 6.4.2 on your system or you could copy the Canon SDK from 6.4.2 to CO 7 and see whether that works.

Just for information: the SDK in CO 6.4.2 is much newer than 8.4 as you suggested, but that does not matter.

Does anyone know if this workaround will enable tethering of my Canon 1ds mrk II to CO7 ?
PhotoBrains

Postby NN100489UL8 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi Paul,

Bingo !! What I was not doing was leaving the highlight over the EOS Utilities before CTRL - CLICK.

Anyway...got in....followed the procedure as per instructions.....

But sad to say that the same error seems to be coming up with the Tether...CAPTURE ERROR....folder....over and over...plus noe the Capture One wont let me log in saying that my profile is incorrect ????

Oh dear....I reset password etc...asking me to re enter LICENSE KEY...so I did...but same story.

Not sure what to do.....just sitting in a corner eating Panadol !! hahahahah

Will wait to hear from you, if any further thoughts.

rgds

SCOTT
NN100489UL8

Postby HansB » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for posting your workaround. I followed your instructions, and everything works nicely!

I've been using CO for a couple of versions now, without tethering. Never needed it in nature and sports. Now I gave it a try, for macro. But I initially failed, like others too.
Your workaround works fine for 1D m3 and 1D X, using the files from the EOS Utility update from Canon's website. The system is a 2009 MacBook Pro with ML 10.8.2 and CO 7.0.1.

Regards,
Hans-B.
HansB

Postby Likovsky » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 pm

I have a shoot coming up where it's easy for the client to name images as they pop up and star them, approve, etc.

I updated to 7.01 and still cannot connect..the camera does not even show up...

any NEW workarounds to date?

I'm sick of hacking into preferences and naming new versions of the app, etc...
I use a Phase One P45+ as well and would like both cameras to work on the latest, $99 upgrade that I paid for...
Likovsky

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm

PhaseoneUser50155 wrote:I have a shoot coming up where it's easy for the client to name images as they pop up and star them, approve, etc.

I updated to 7.01 and still cannot connect..the camera does not even show up...

any NEW workarounds to date?

I'm sick of hacking into preferences and naming new versions of the app, etc...
I use a Phase One P45+ as well and would like both cameras to work on the latest, $99 upgrade that I paid for...

The workaround posted in the beginning of this thread applies to CO 7.0.1 as well.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby ellenwarfield » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Thank you so much Paul!
Absolutely made my day!
Ellen
ellenwarfield

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Andreas172 wrote:...
Why is this so complicated.

The workaround looks more complicated as it is. Even with minimal computer knowledge it is done within a few minutes.
Best regards,
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 7.x Software