Capture One Pro (for Sony) Question

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Capture One Pro (for Sony) Question

Postby NNN637095192048727370 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:41 pm

I've been mulling switching from Lightroom to Capture One Pro fro some time now. I mainly shoot with the Sony A7III but do occasionally shoot with a Nikon D700 (love that camera and could never come to get rid of it!). If I buy Capture One Pro for Sony, I wouldn't be able to do anything with these files? I'd hate to have to spend an extra $200 to edit the occasional photos from my D700.
NNN637095192048727370

Re: Capture One Pro (for Sony) Question

Postby Ian3 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:23 pm

This is the board for Capture One versions 8 and 7. We are now on version 12, and with a new version (to be called Capture One 20) just around the corner. You might do better to post questions in the board for version 12 (for Mac or Windows depending on your OS.

But you are right that Capture One Pro for Sony will only handle files from Sony cameras. To be able to deal with both your Sony and Nikon files in one app, you would need the full Pro version. Or, if you only use the D700 occasionally, use Capture One Pro for Sony for your Sony files and your existing solution for the Nikon files. If you decide you really like it you could consider moving on to the full Pro version later (and presumably save on the cost of the Lightroom subscription).

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software