Problem 7.0.2 and Catalog

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One DB and Capture One Express 8x and 7.x

Problem 7.0.2 and Catalog

Postby jknights » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

I was testing the catalog functionality in 7.0.2 on my Mac.
The catalog was building slowly when there was an error.

CP7.0.2 froze so I had to kill the application.
When I restarted it will see the disk but refuses to catalog the external drive where all my images live.
I then ran Disk Utility to check everything on the disk and if found some errors which it fixed.

I retried with CP7.0.2 but still it refuses to see in Sessions or to catalog the images within the folders which it finds.
All these images are available to other applications and they can see and manipulate them so it is a CP error.

I deleted my catalog and attempted to restart the process. Still no luck against that disk but it will see images on a local disk. More strange!

I guess that somewhere in the CapturePro settings there is a file or setting that is telling it that it has already cataloged it.
At present I am copying all my images to another disk (this will take all day as it is neary 2TB) so I can test this out again with a different disk.

Any suggestions ?
jknights

Re: Problem 7.0.2 and Catalog

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

I do not support the concept of image that Capture One has already cataloged. I do not believe this is recorded except in the catalog itself.

Two options or tips.

I should check whether CO Pro 7 works normally from an internal disk. You can copy a folder to your internal disk, create a catalog or session and import images from that location.

I also suggest to reset CO7 by deleting its preferences (user/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone.captureone7.plist). Be aware that in (Mountain) Lion the user/Library folder is hidden by default.
Last edited by Paul_Steunebrink on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Problem 7.0.2 and Catalog

Postby jknights » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
I deleted the plist file and all now behaves normally.
jknights

Return to Capture One 8.x and 7.x Software